𝟬𝟬𝟵 more than a friend

ミ☆ chapter nine; more than a friend

"Oh really?"

"Yes!" Shuri exclaimed, nodding her head excitedly. "You must see it someday."

A smile tugged at Renza's lips when Shuri's words registered in her mind. "Are you saying you want to take me with you to America?"

She was partially joking, but remained curious to see what Shuri would answer back. The princess could not reply, as three small kids came running out of a small hut where their outside guest had slept, uncontrollable giggles erupting from all of them.

Shuri let out a laugh when she saw the source of the laughter surround the two, michevious glints in their eyes. One of them went to hug Shuri, while the other went to hug Renza. She noticed the third with a goofy smile on his face, and she couldn't help but pull him in for an embrace as well, bending her knees slightly and looking down so it'd be easier to continue the embrace

Shuri looked at the children, a large involuntary grin spreading across her face from ear to ear. "Are you playing around with that man again?"

"No," the girl, Aneba, denied, though, the continuous laughs from the others was more than enough to prove her dishonesty.

"Are you teasing him again?" Shuri asked playfully, entertaining the young fibbers.

"Let him rest," Renza chuckled lightly, faking an annoyed expression as she looked at the three surrounding them.

"If you show us your magic!" Banjoko, the second boy bargained, eager to see if she had any tricks up her sleeve. His request was followed by more similar ones by the kids, their attention switching from the princess to the other scientist.

Word had spread quickly after the battle, and Renza had become somewhat known for not just her smarts, but her bravery.  The outcome of her powers being exposed had gone a completely different route than her family had initially believed.

Maybe it was because Wakanda was under T'Challa's rule that it was that way. He was different than the other kings, anybody could see it. He held promise. True promise. Not just to Wakanda, but to the world as well.

It was overwhelming to have people question her on her ancestors, seeing as she didn't know much either. Sure, Akosua's spirit was living in her, but she had never felt the true connection she felt she should've. She still felt she was being held back by something, and it didn't help that she was constantly being interrogated about her powers while she tried to work peacefully in the lab.