𝟬𝟬𝟴 post-war confessions

ミ☆ chapter eight; post war confessions

Renza's eyes fluttered open.

It didn't take long for her to realize she was back in the lab. For the most part, the lab seemed to be empty, making her wonder if the events that she remembered taking place were merely a dream. The only other people in sight were the guards near the entrance of the lab.

"Princess Shuri, Renza has woken up." The sound of Griot made the young scientist's eyes widen a bit, caught of guard.

Renza sat up, taking in her surroundings. She was in the medical bay that Ross had been put in when he was taken to Wakanda. She looked around her, reading all the statistics that informed those who read it about her current condition. The lights were dimmed, most likely so she'd have an easier time adjusting her eyes.

Shuri entered Renza's line of sight just a few moments after Griot's announcement. She looked relieved.

"Never scare me like that again," she scolded, walking up to her bedside. "You passed out in the middle of the field! I thought you died!"

Renza looked to the side, showing her bottom teeth awkwardly. "Sorry...? Is T'Challa okay at least?"

She nodded, but, she wasn't done with her lecture. "Didn't I tell you to wear armor? You didn't listen...and now you have multiple slash marks on your arm that have mostly healed, thanks to our technology!"

Shuri moved away from the table, beginning to pace. "Why would you move in front of me without protection? What if we did not get you to my lab in time, eh? What if you bled out there?"

Renza didn't like the feeling of being yelled at like she was some child by her age mate. It would've been smarter to let her finish, but Renza could be stubborn at times. "Well, I didn't."

Amara looked down to her wound that had been stitched up and bandaged regretfully when she heard Shuri's dramatic exhale at her little comment. She hoped that she wouldn't end up bringing up her powers.

"Bast, you are reckless!" She continued. "Do you know that? Killmonger could've used his claws in a more fatal spot. What if he went for your throat?"

The Kwakye girl stayed silent, the guilt creeping up on her like a creature in the night. She was sure Shuri would end up talking to the point where she'd lose her voice, so she interrupted the princess again. "Shuri."

Shuri didn't hear her, continuing on with her seemingly endless rant.

Renza tried again. "Shuri."