𝟬𝟬𝟱 keep your enemies close

ミ☆ chapter five; keep your enemies close

"Thank you again, Nakia," Renza broke the silence as the two continued on their journey back to the city. "I know having to walk me to and back may be stressful. I truly appreciate it."

"Don't worry about it," Nakia waved the girl off dismissively. "That could be the last time you see them. Or her."

She paused walking for only one second to stare at Nakia incredulously. "Nakia-"

Nakia handed Renza another blanket. "Just because the princess is blind does not mean everyone else is."

She went to reply, but once again, Nakia stopped her. "Just don't let your feelings get in the way of your safety. Because Shuri is not available, you will be the one to oversee all projects in the lab. Be smart about this."

"I will, Nakia," Renza assured the woman. Killmonger had already taken the herb, according to Nakia. Not only that, but he burned everything else there, meaning there could be no Black Panther after him. Thankfully, Nakia was able to salvage just one. Although, they hadn't decided what to do with it yet.

It had become clear just how determined Killmonger was, so it wouldn't take a genius to figure out the next place he would visit was the lab. Shuri had a bunch of projects in the lab that she had been working on for T'Challa and the Dora Milaje, so it made sense that the new king would visit the lab tomorrow to see the things they were currently working on.

Renza could still communicate with Shuri in case anything went South with her Kimoyo up Beads, thankfully. But since there was a new leader, he could easily decide to strip the girl from her role at any given moment. That's why she had to play her cards right.

Nakia finally came to a halt when they were near her home. "I cannot go any further. I will be seen."

"It's okay," The Kwakye reassured her. "I know my way from here."

Renza began to walk once again, but felt a hand grab her hand to stop her. Nakia swallowed thickly, thinking of her next words wisely. "And Renza, when you get the chance, tell Shuri everything you are scared to say. I didn't get the chance to do that with T'Challa and I regret it more than anything."

Renza was unsure how to take Nakia's words. Yes, she was right. With everything going on, it made sense to tell Shuri, just in case. Renza still had the lingering fear of rejection. What if everything did work in their favor somehow, and Shuri didn't reciprocate her feelings? She'd have to live with the awkwardness that she created on her own.