𝟬𝟬𝟰 a nation's demise

ミ☆ chapter four; a nation's demise

"They'll be okay."

Renza momentarily stopped fiddling with her earring to turn to Ross. She appreciated his efforts to calm her down, but they weren't working in slightest. "How do you know that?"

"I don't," He answered. "But I'm holding out faith."

"Kunjalo," She mocked. "Faith. They've been gone for almost two hours. Nakia said she was going to go check on them, and she hasn't been back since. I'm worried.

"Well, if they're in trouble, You guys have Black Panther. Plus, there's probably something in here we can use for ourselves," He reassured her. Ross stood up from his stool, moving over to the table where Shuri had been working on her gauntlets. "Like these."

She watched him mess around with them before clearing her throat. "I wouldn't put those on if I were you. Your hands might explode."

Almost immediately, he put them down, walking back to the couch Renza was sitting on, plopping down next to her.

"Okay, then. I guess we'll have to improvise."

Renza lowered her voice, a bit unsure about what she was about to do. "Can I get your thoughts on something?"

Renza could tell by Ross's face that he thought it was some kind of trap. She couldn't blame him, really. Taking in a deep breath and releasing it, the man finally nodded at her. "Go for it."

"Let's say you were...special. But nobody knows but your family," She began, but quickly got cut off by Ross.

"Hold on, what kind of special are we talking here?"

Renza looked around the room as if the answer was located somewhere other than her mind. Telling Ross could be a mistake, but the chances of him blabbing to anybody was slim. He hadn't been anywhere in Wakanda except for the lab. Renza was sure he wouldn't try anything.

"A goddess kind of special," Renza mused, playing with a curl in her hair. Ross stared at her, as if silently asking for a further explanation. "I'm just going to tell you. I'm a descendant of Akosua."

"As in Akosua, Goddess of the sun?"

"Exactly! I see you do your research, colonizer," She complimented, although Ross look confused by her words. "As I was saying, she is my ancestor."