Chapter Nine - The Deal and The News

It's been three hours since you went to Vincent's room. You haven't left since. You wanted to be there if he woke up. No, when he woke up. He fluttered his eyes. "This is it...he's getting up." You thought. You held his hand and rubbed your thumb against the top of his hand. He moaned and growled, flickering his eyes around the room. For the first time, he looked afraid.
"Vincent...Vincent I'm here." You said quietly. He looked at you.

"Oh, Y/N... You're okay...I was worrying about you."

"Me? I was worried about you."

"So y-you're okay...thank god..."

A doctor came into his room, followed by a nurse holding a small case.

"Hello, Vincent, how are you feeling?" He (the doctor) asked.

"Ugh...terrible."

"Well that will get better with time, okay? Now, my assistant here, Jenna, is going to give you a couple shots to get more liquid and nutrients in your body, okay?"

Vincent's eyes were the size of baseball's.

"N-no, sir, you don't understand, I-I can't have any shots." Vincent said quickly.

"Why not, Vincent?"

"Imafraidofneedles."

"Pardon?"

"Imafraidofneedles, Doctor."

"Vincent, you have to speak up."

"Fine. I'm. Afraid. Of. Needles."

You slightly laughed at this. Vincent gave you a death glare.

"I wouldn't look at your arms if I were you." You said, laughing, pointing to the I.V in his arm.

"Don't plan on it." He said, chuckling along with you.

"Well, Vincent, I'll settle a deal. If you don't get the shots then you can't leave. And of you can't leave, you can't come home with me." You looked at Vincent with a pouty-face. He looked at you in shock. "Ha, you're joking."

"Nope."

"Y/N..."

"The deal's off unless your get the shots."

"Fine. Doc, I'm ready."

The doctor sent his assistant over to Vincent. Jenna opened her case and revealed the needles, making Vincent flinch. He was staring at the needle like a hawk.

"Vincent, if you don't like needles, I'd look away now," Jenna said.

He didn't hesitate. He looked away from the needles, and just looked at you. He flinched a little when the needle when it went into his arm. You went back to holding his hand.

"Its going to be okay, Vincent." You comforted him. He looked at you sympathetically. It pained you to see him like this. What were you going to do at work? You started to wonder if Boss new about this. He should, shouldn't he? There is no way the robots would stay in the restaurant. Was there? Your mind was reeling.

"Hello...Earth to Y/N..." You saw a purple hand wave on front of your face. When your view focused, Vincent and the doctor were staring at you.

"You know, babe, you don't have to fantasize about me. I'm right here." Vincent cooed, and you couldn't help but laugh. Of course now you were blushing like a madman.

"Trust me, I wasn't." This made Vincent chuckle as well, and the doctor had a smile on his face, about to laugh.

"I'm glad you're taking this all so lightly, Vincent." The doctor said, checking the chart on his clipboard.

"W-What do you mean, doc?" Vincent trembled.

"Well Vincent, looks like you're going to need surgery."

You were shocked. Surgery? Why did Vincent need surgery? Well, it kind of made sense. He was shoved completely in a suit. He must be crushed, on the inside and out.

"Well, Vincent, your left femur is completely shattered; there are so many smaller pieces that have broken off from it, that we need to perform surgery to get them closer to the bone itself."

"Will I be awake during the surgery?"

"Of course not."

"Alright... I guess I'm ok with it."

The doctor nodded and went into the hall.

"Vincent, are you okay with the surgery?" You asked sympathetically.

"Y-yeah, of course. It needs to be done." The doctor walked back into the room with another man.

"Vincent, this is Mako. He is the surgeon that will be performing the surgery on your leg."

Mako walked over to Vincent and looked at his leg.

"Ooh, it really is shattered." he said, looking up at Vincent. "Pleasure to meet you, Vincent." Mako said. Vincent just nodded.

"Well, everything is set up for you, so let's get going." Mako said to Vincent. He went to the hospital bed, unplugged a few things attached to the bed, and pushed Vincent towards the door. He looked at you with a smile.

"I'm going to be fine, Y/N. I promise." Vincent said. A tear fell from your eye as he was pushed out of the room.