Epilogue (Chapter twenty one - Life After the Fight)

...

Your Pov

···

"Hey (Y/N), sorry you haven't heard from me in a while. I know it's been a long time since I've been here but I just wanted you to know that you can visit me soon. Good behavior or some shit. Anyways, come see me at five. I love you."

You set the phone down after listening to the message. It had been 4 months since he had gotten arrested for murder. You looked at the clock. It was four o'clock, and that gave you enough time to get ready.

After the fight, Vincent wanted to stay at your house for a while. The day before your mom got back, he was found and charged with murder. You haven't seen him since.

You shivered at the thought. The floorboards groaned as you walked to your room. You grabbed some clothes and changed, putting on a (F/C) shirt and jeans. You put on makeup (optional) and were ready to leave.

You grabbed your keys and headed outside, your head full of what ifs.

What if he's not the same?

What if he doesn't love you?

No, he still loves you. There's no way he wouldn't, right?

You sighed and got in the car, preparing for the long drive.

...

Time Skip

...

You sat down in a small room. Two police officers guarded the door. You had to admit, it was pretty intimidating.

Soon after you arrived, the door opened. The two officers left, and two more came in. They were followed by the one and only.

Vincent.

He looked at you and you looked back. He sat down in the chair across from you and sighed.

"Y'know, I didn't mean to drag you into this stuff." He looked down.

"I know, and it's okay. I believe you." You said. "How much longer are you in here for?"

"Too long." He responded, leaning back and running a hand though his hair. "A few years at least."

Your heart seemed to hurt. You hated seeing him like this and you wanted it all to be back to normal. You sighed.

"I can't stand to see you like this." You said looking at him. "But I know there's nothing I can do."

"Maybe there is." He smirked. "Come here."

You obeyed his order and got up. You walked towards him. The guards kept a close eye on the situatuon.

"Help me bust out. Please (Y/N), I need you to help me." He pleaded, whispering into your ear. You staggered back.

"N-No, I couldn't..."

"Fine. Guards, may I speak with you two outside of the room?" He asked, looking up at them. They soon escorted him away and closed the door.

You sat in silence for a good 10 minutes. Vincent soon opened the door and smirked at you, wearing a guards outfit. He tossed one at you.

"Put it on."

You blushed. "R-Right here?" You asked, catching the clothes.

"It's not that big of a deal." He whined. "I won't watch. Knock when you're ready." He closed and locked the door.

You sighed, and slipped off your current outfit and put on the guard uniform, then knocked on the door. He opened it and beckoned you out.

Walking past officers with a smile, he headed right down the hall without a care. You both soon reached the door of the station and he opened it, holding out his hand for you to take it.

"Shall we go?"