Chapter Sixteen - Picnics and Pirates

The car ride seemed to last for seconds. Before you knew it, you were in your driveway. You took out your keys, and you both entered the house.

"Nice place." Vincent said, looking around. You had entered though the back door, leading you into your kitchen. Vincent stood in the center, admiring the rooms beauty.

"Thank you. Me and my mother live here." You said, running your hand along the marble counter.

"Where is she, anyway?"

'I honestly don't know... Oh, wait. Here." You said, reaching over to a note that had been quickly taped to the cabinet.

Y/N,
Sorry honey, last minute business trip! I'll be home Thursday. Love you!
Mom

You handed Vincent the note. "Oh." He said, setting it back on the counter.

It was Saturday, so you had five days Untill she came home.

"Want anything?" You said to Vincent, opening the fridge and looking around.

"Well, what do you have?" He said, plopping onto the sofa and searching for the remote.

"Uh, food or drink?"

"Drink."

"Well, there's uh, water. And Kool Aid."

"Oooh, what color?"

"It's light blue. I'm betting on Blue Raspberry Lemonade."

"Yeah, that. I'll have some, yeah." He replied, flipping through random channels.

You took out the pitcher and poured you both a drink.

"Here," You said, handing him the drink and sitting on the sofa next to him. "Watcha watchin'?"

"I don't even know." He said, taking the remote and scrolling through the channels again.

"Well it's Saturday. Nothings going to be on TV." You commented, getting up from the couch. "We should do something. There's nothing on TV anyway."

"Yeah. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. We could go to the park?"

"Okay. We can go to the park." He concluded, turning off the TV and walking into the kitchen.

You grabbed your red hoodie and put a few sandwiches into a bag with a blanket.

/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\

"What's with the hoodie, little red riding hood?" He asked. You were both following a small, beaten trail that went peacefully though the woods in the park. His arm was around your waist.

"I got cold."

"It's July, Y/N," He said sarcastically. "You can't get cold."

"Well I did." You said.

You continued down the trail Untill you spotted an opening in between the trees, full of flowers.

"Over there, C'mon!" You shouted, running to the opening. He followed you over to it.

You opened the bag and laid out the blanket. You both sat on it, and you tossed Vincent his sandwich.

"Why wasn't I told we were going for a picnic?" He said, munching on the sandwich.

"Cause it was a surprise." You replied, doing the same. "We never went to lunch when we found Freddy, so this makes up for it, right?"

"Yeah. So this is just a 'Friendly invitation to lunch'?"

"Nope. Its a date now." You said, setting the sandwich down.

"I thought you didn't like me then, though?"

"I didn't then. But we shouldn't dwell in the past."

"I wish I couldn't dwell in my past." He mumbled.

"Hm?"

"Nothing." He said, shaking his head. "Nothing at all."

/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\

You both continued walking through the woods. It wasn't long before you were back at your car.

"What now?" Vincent asked.

"We could go to FazBear's? Just hang out there." You said, getting in the car. Vincent did the same.

"Sure. Lets go."

You drove to FazBear's, which wasn't far. The radio was playing upbeat, popular music. Vincent seemed to hate it.

"What's wrong? You don't like popular music?" You asked.

"No, personally I don't like who dat, who dat, I.I.G.G.Y." You couldn't help but laugh.

"Then turn on what you want." You said. He gladly accepted, scanning though the stations.

The radio eventually stopped on a station that was only playing piano. (cough TheChucklingDog19 cough)

You looked at him in confusion. "Really? You'll listen to this but not Maroon Five?"

"Yeah."

"You're full of surprises, aren't you."

"Yeah."

By now you were pulling up at the pizzeria.

/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\^/^\

"We'll have a large cheese pizza." Vincent said, ordering for the both of you. The waitress nodded and headed back into the kitchen.

"You know, Y/N, you never told me what you worked here for."

"Oh, I'm a waitress here."

"Oh." He said, looking over his shoulder at the band.

"Well, what do you do here, Vincent?"

"Child Supervisor. I make sure no kids get hurt."

"You sucked at your job in 1987."

"I didn't even work here in 1987."

"I'm just messing around." You said, looking at the band, which had just stopped playing.

"I'm going to go see Foxy, Vincent."

"Alright. Be careful."

You got up and went to the Cove. The curtains were open slightly, so you peeked your head inside. Foxy wasn't there, but a man stood in his place.

"Hello?" You asked, and the man spun around.

He was very tall. He was wearing a long, black and golden shirt with torn, tan shorts. His hair was a messy, dark red color. You knew who it was immediately after you saw the hook and eye patch.

"Foxy?"

"Lass!"

You ran up to him and hugged him. "Where were you?"

"Gettin' Scrapped, lass."

Tears filled your eyes as Foxy said this. He explained it all - how they thought he was a scrap, and took him apart. He told you how his replacement would be in tomorrow.

"I'm sorry..."

"Ye don't have to be sorry, lass. I'm fine."

"What's your replacement, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Some other fox. I believe her name was Vixen."

"Oh." You said, looking around at the dusty tables. "Now that you're um, like this, You could come out of the Cove."

"Really lass? That would be amazin'! I've never seen past my curtain."

You smiled. Foxy seemed to have the mind and heart of a child.

"Well, let's go!" You said, slowly opening the curtain and letting light fill the Cove; Foxy's old home.