a/n- Ahahahh...guess who's alive? *jazz hands*

~

"What do you want here, of all places?"

"What do you think this is?" Shika held up a memory stick, showing it to Kunikida. Her shoulders were leaned over, and she wanted to blow her nose from all the dust flying in the air of the abandoned building.

Places like these did have their beautiful side, though. Once a place full of people and movement, it is now but a shell of what it once meant, the air cold and empty. Walls no longer tended to, floors no longer cleaned, windows covered in mould.

"It's a survey of Yokohama we found on a computer in their hideout. Surprisingly, it concludes that eradicating the Agency is the first priority in order to take control of Yokohama," she explained,

"And not the Port Mafia who control the underworld?"

"They were being manipulated by false information."

"So there's another mastermind?"

"Actually, I've sent an email to the one I believe is truly behind this. I said I have proof that the person is the one truly responsible." She glanced down at the memory stick, "this person should be here any moment now."

Footsteps can be heard from nearby, causing Kunikida to yank his head back, and from behind the broken doors, Rokuzou comes through nonchalantly.

"It can't be you..." Kunikida exclaims in disbelief, "you're the one, Rokuzou?!"

"What are you talking about?" The male looks at him with a deadpan, "so it hasn't started yet? I see," He walked over towards the two detectives.

"You took a peek at my email by hacking into my account, didn't you?" Shika chuckled,

"So it's not really you?-" Kunikida questioned.

"I just wanted to take a look at the one who's actually responsible." He replied,

"So it's really, really really not you, right-"

"-look out!"

Shika watched in her chair as the young boy pushed Kunikida out of the line of fire, taking in the bullets himself. Of course he would. She kneeled over and caught him swiftly, pointing her gun at the one who fired from behind. "Heh...so you're the Azure Messenger, Sasaki Nobuko."

The woman's soft features were blank as a doll, her gaze aimed solely on Dazai. Such elegance in her steps, such pride and conviction...maybe getting shot by her right here and now wasn't such a bad way to go down...

Of course not. Shika still had to protect Kunikida and his lovebird ass.

"It can't be..." The man muttered, taking a weak step back from the female.

"I doubt this is the first time you've used your intelligence to execute a crime, either," Shika commented,

"He was a man who lived for his ideals. He was pure in his intentions to seek out the world of crime, and that is why he got blood on his hands."

The world of crime, the world Shika once thought was the only place she belonged to.

"I just wanted to grant his desire and make his ideals come true," Sasaki clarified,

"Your significant other, the Azure King, was an idealist who wanted to prosecute criminals who could not be judged by the law through illegal means. The incident was meant to carry on his work..."

"Lower your gun! What good will this accomplish?" Kunikida glared at the woman, though his hands were trembling behind his back, away where only Shika could see.