Chapter 11

The two hours came around and he made his way through the town. People gave him stares for the car, but it was not anything out of the ordinary. He pulled over to the street next door and turned the car off. There were two minutes to spare before she was relieved of work. He opened the door and locked it behind him. From what he saw in the movies, girls thought it was hot when guys stood outside of their car, so he did just that. He casually laid his upper body on the driver's door and crossed his arms. A brooding glance did not quite fit.

EJ clocked out and turned in her apron. Mary told her to be careful, as any motherly figure would, as she walked towards the front of the diner. There he was, looking cocky, on his step dad's car. She thought it was a little comical. Before heading over, her coworker waved to her as he walked in for his shift. After waving back, she grabbed her bike from the front and pulled it over. Leo greeted her, then grasped her bike and brought it to the back. With ease, he lifted it off the ground and carefully placed it on the bike rack. She walked over to the side and opened the passenger door, mainly hiding from him because her face was pink. Once the bike was belted in, he hopped in and had a small grin.

"So, where are we going?" he asked her with his elbow on the console. "We can either go to the beach now or after we move you in. Your pick."

"I guess we will move me in, then go to the beach," she mustered to say. "Also...I'd like to go on that date you offered."

Leo nodded. "Sounds good to me. Just type in your address and I'll GPS this thing." He paused, twisting his head to the side and looking at her. "Wait...you want to go on a date?"

EJ nodded with a small grin. "Yeah. I mean it doesn't have to happen today, but I'd like to take you up on that offer."

He handed her his phone with a smile. She could do anything with his full trust. Tinder was an option or his social media, but she chose to be respectful. Plus, he was sitting right next to her. She typed in her address and held out the phone for him to take. The screen on the satnav showed a map and the estimated time of arrival.

"You're in charge of music," he said, pushing the phone back towards her. "I don't think you'd like what I listen to."

"Oh really?"

She went through his music app and glanced at a few playlists. Her eyes stuck with one of them. It was his working out playlist. She scrolled through until she found one. The piano started to play and a smile appeared on Leo's face. The beat rolled in and EJ was ready.

"Look," she started with. "If you had one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted. In one moment." She held out her hand. "Would you capture it, or just let it slip?"

Leo joined in. "His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. There's vomit on his sweater already. Mom's spaghetti. He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready." EJ had a smile plastered on her face. She watched as he had one hand on the wheel and the other flying around like a car dealership blow up. "He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out. He's chokin', how, everybody's jokin' now."

"The clocks run out, times up, over. Blaow."

He really was effortlessly charming. His eyes dazzled as the sunlight hit them. His smile was pearly white. He could definitely pull a lot of girls, especially with his physique. It almost felt impossible that he was real. She forgot she was holding his phone when it buzzed. It was a Tinder notification. The girl was blonde and built like a model, leading to EJ believing she did not have a shot with this guy. It was too good to be true.

"You ready, EJ?!" he said as the chorus was about to commence. "You better..."

"Lose yourself in the music. The moment. You own it. You better never let it go. You only get..."