Chapter 17

The sun rose into the window, causing EJ's eyes to flutter open. The clock on the wall was five minutes before she had to wake up to her alarm. She stretched and pulled the sheets off of her, then used her strength to stand up.

EJ had forgotten where she was. It took her a second to recall that she was in a mansion. Her clothes were hung in the closet and her surfboard leaned against the wall. The light grazed where her head was and the floors.

She walked into her own bathroom. She sat, lightly, onto the seat like it was delicate glass and took a deep breath out. When she was done, she walked to the rink and washed her hands. Next was her face, which she did quickly. Then, she threw on her work clothes. In her tote bag, there were her keys, wallet, and water bottle. She added in sunscreen and her additional work clothes for the bookstore. That day, it was about busying herself. Not to purposefully stay away from Leo, but let herself have time for her initial priority: money.

With one hand carrying her back and the other empty, EJ pushed his door open. He was knocked out. His sheets were tangled around his legs and his body was pretty exposed. He was on his back with nothing to cover anything above his torso. His chest rose and fell at slow paces. She could stare at him for hours. He looked so calm and relaxed, but it was time to ruin that. EJ lightly shoved his shoulder, which made his eyes flutter open.

"I'm heading out, if you still want to come," she said as she kept her eyes on his. His

chest was rising at a natural pace. She blinked to hide that she had looked, but he noticed.

Leo rose from the bed, slowly. The sheets fell off of him, just as he intended them to. He towered over EJ, who had her eyes facing away. As he walked towards the bathroom, a small smile appeared on his face. He was going slow and steady, but that did not mean he could not exert some confidence.

"Pick my outfit for me," he said as he closed the bathroom door behind him.

He was such an odd flirt. EJ did as told and took advantage of such power. She opened his drawers and picked a few things out. Her goal was to make him as appealing as she could ever hope for.

The toilet flushed and he creaked the door open. "Throw it to me."

EJ did not have the coordination for that request, so she walked over and placed the chosen outfit in his hand. He grasped it and shut the door. She could hear the clothes roll against him. She started to second guess it, but her mind redirected once he walked in. He had a black tank top on, as tight as EJ would want to see, and matching athletic shorts. The socks tied with the black, Nike sneakers. He had put a chain on his neck, tying the look together.

"You ready to go?" he asked, making her eyes draw back up to his eyes.

"Yeah, let's go."

They walked out of the room and made their way down the stairs. There was banging going on in the kitchen with a side of laughter. Leo ducked his head to peer in. It was Gavin and Imani baking muffins. They were cuddled up, laughing at something Gavin probably messed up.

"See you later," Leo said as they walked out.

"Yeah, see ya," Gavin responded with.

Lisa strolled in with her bag on her shoulder. She had a surprised expression on her face, in a good way.

"I've never seen you up this early," she mustered to say, ignoring the mess. Her eyes met Imani's. "You better keep her around and clean up afterwards." Lisa started to make her way towards the front door with her car keys in her hands.

"Where you off to?" Gavin asked.

"Just a quick run to the grocery store," she replied. She gave a convincing smile. "Let me know if you two need anything."