Chapter 12

Lisa waited for her phone to buzz as she sipped her coffee. Ed was in their bedroom, getting ready for work. Leo was knocked out in his crib, thanks to bottled milk. She could hear Ed's movements, whether they were him throwing his pants on, stomping in his boots, or talking to Leo.

There was a notification on her screen from Wayne. She quickly snatched the phone off of the table and read it. Gavin was at daycare and he had a couple of hours before he had a meeting. He begged to see her.

"Eddie!" Lisa shouted from downstairs. She started to gather her things. "I'm going to run some errands. Do you need anything?"

Ed appeared at the top of the stairs and started to walk down them casually. He had the mandatory cargo pants on. The stains from an oil spill were still there, but faint. He had a white shirt on, illuminating the tan he had. His arms were muscular and lean from work, not even needing to do a push up or lift a dumbbell. With age, he would just get more handsome. Her heart twisted as he stood in front of her, placing his hands on her hips.

"I think we just need fruit and the yogurt you like," he said before kissing her on the top of her head. "Do you want to use my card?"

"Sure." She watched as he walked over to his wallet and ran his finger nail across all of the plastic cards. "I won't be out for long."

"Just as long as you come back in two hours," Ed said as he found the card. He held it out for her to take, which she did. "By then, Leonidas will be wide awake and need a diaper change."

Lisa did not even say goodbye, let alone to be safe at work. It was like Ed passed the baton to her and she had to sprint. She placed the card into her wallet and made her way outside. The Bronco was waiting for her, and Wayne. Ed watched her from the porch, making sure the car started. Her eyes flickered up from the dash towards him. She gave him a small smile before putting the car in drive and down the road.

She took the shortcuts to make the trip in about twenty minutes. The two of them did not have a lot of time. Leo would wake up, Wayne's meeting would start, and the grocery store closed at some point. She had to make herself look believable if she was going to lie about her whereabouts.

The gate opened for her before the Bronco even got in a quarter of a mile radius. Her midday visits were becoming normal. This was the fifth time Lisa had come to the mansion in the past two weeks. She had one more week left before he had to go back to Long Island.

Wayne was standing by the door with a glass in his hand. Then, he would drink water over alcohol during the day. She parked the Bronco, leaving her things behind. The man was wearing dress pants, paired with leather shoes. His muscles could be seen through his silk shirt. He was teasing her with the top, three buttons being undone.

As she approached him, he finished whatever was left in the glass and held it with his fingers. With the other hand, he wrapped his arm around her waist and said, "It's nice to see you again. You look beautiful."

"Oh, please," Lisa said, blushing. "I just threw this stuff on."

"Well," Wayne said, as he led them to the elevator. He did not finish the sentence yet. Carefully, he placed the glass onto a table by the door. His keys were in the bowl next to it. He pressed the button and the doors swung open. "I'm about to throw all of this stuff off."

The doors shut behind them and Wayne pressed her against the wall. Her back collided with the metal and her front felt his pelvis. Their lips collided and Lisa needed him. She felt like a teenager with the rush that flowed through her body. There was a sound and the doors opened. Wayne separated from her lips and lifted her off the ground. Lisa wrapped her legs around his waist and his hands were planted on her back. He brought them out of the elevator and down the hallway.

With his back, Wayne opened the bedroom door. Their lips met each other again as he walked them in, closing the door with his foot. He placed her on the bed and her eyes met his. He began to untie her right sneaker, then tug it off slowly. It was the reverse of Cinderella. He did the same process with the other, then placed them by the bed. With the heel of his shoe, he pulled one off, then flung the other somewhere. He mounted himself on top of her and started to trail kisses down her neck.

While his mouth hovered over her clavicle, he asked, "How's your day been so far?" He planted his lips towards the start of her breast.

Lisa cracked a smile as her face reddened. "It's been bland until I got here." Wayne started to unbutton her shirt as her chest rose and fell. "What about you?"

His pupils were dancing between being small and large. For a moment, the man forgot she had asked a question. "It's about to get better once I feel you."

During these planned times, there was excitement and surprise, which was very much unlike her few occasions with Ed. With him, it was predictable. They had been doing the same positions, or lack thereof, since they were in high school. With Wayne, there was something new every time. He was naturally attractive and in command, instead of her having to be in charge. If she did not know where to go, his hands would guide her.

-

Time was of the essence when Lisa arrived at Wayne's house. The priority to leave left her mind once Wayne was in sight. By the time they were done and showered, then done again, it was the late afternoon. Wayne called in his employees and to postpone the meeting till dinner time. It must have been nice to be his own boss. While they laid in his bed, she checked the clock on his wall and her eyes nearly shot out of her head. She began to scramble around the room, throwing on her clothes with Wayne's assistance, and rushed to the Bronco.

By the time she got back home, it was too late. Ed's car was in the driveway, meaning something had to have happened. She rushed out of her car and into the house. Her heart rattled in her chest like it was going to explode.

"Ed?" He was nowhere to be seen, at least on the first floor. "Ed?"

"LISA!"

She ran up the stairs and towards their bedroom. He was standing there with a crying Leo in his arms. Her stomach sank as she stood by the door.

Ed faced her, his eyes piercing into hers, and said, "He needed to be changed two hours ago. Where the Hell have you been?"

"I...I got sidetracked." Lisa stared at the crying Leo with her own eyes beginning to well. "I didn't know how long I was out for."

Ed could see how distressed Lisa looked. Tears were rolling down her cheeks and her face was flushed. Her chest rose and fell rapidly. He held back whatever was going to come out of his mouth and, instead, said, "I'll do it this time. It'll be okay. Just sit down."

He brought Leo over to the changing table as Lisa sat on the edge of their bed. Like clockwork, because Ed was on his break, Leo was cleaned and had a new diaper on him in less than a minute. The little baby's smile reappeared and Ed felt slightly more relieved. He stuck his large finger out and his son used his whole hand to grab it. A little giggle left the baby's mouth.

"The neighbors called me about it," he finally said. "They heard him crying from their place."

"Ed-"

"It's okay, Lisa." He sat beside her while little Leo played with a toy. Tears were still flowing down her face and onto her pants. He used his thumb to wipe them away. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and brought her into a side hug. "It's okay."

Lisa was crying, obviously, because she neglected her son. There was also the fact that she had Ed holding her when Wayne's hands had been all over her twenty minutes prior. There was barely any remorse for it either. She enjoyed every minute until she heard Leo crying.

Unleash The Islandजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें