The Beginning 2/2

Tw ((Descriptions of Blood and Violence near the beginning and the end))

You can feel the tree branches scratch and bruise your sensitive pale skin as you run through the forest. You can't even remember why you were running but you were. Blood oozes out from your knees and elbows while tears continue to spring to your eyes. You have tripped and fallen more times than you can count. This forest feels like it is never going to end and unfortunately for you, you don't think you'll ever make it out of the forest alive. Everything really hurts and your legs are starting to give out, but you have to keep running. You are not going to let the figure behind you catch up and finish you off.

If you want help, you are going to have to find it. Screaming isn't much of an option since you know that thing behind you will follow the sound of your voice if it can't already track the smell of your blood. Blood is the only smell you can decipher through your nose. If you were to smell anything like a village, you wouldn't be able to. You can barely hear your own movements anymore, the ringing in your ears only gets louder while the taste of iron fills your mouth. At this point, the figure behind you wasn't going to be able to kill you, you have a feeling you'll just die from losing all of the blood that you have already.

Your body begins to go numb as your vision goes black. You continue to push, finally seeing a clearing out of this never ending forest. You drag your feet to the edge, seeing that the clearing was only a high cliff. Your eyes dart around the edge of the cliff frantically for a way down. The ringing in your ears makes it harder to tell just how far away this creature was and when it'll be here.

"You're just going to die anyway," you mumble while looking over the edge, "just take your own life." You step back away from the edge and get ready to jump. Very faintly you can hear yelling and groaning coming closer to you, so that's when you jump, closing your eyes. The last thing you remember hearing is someone screaming your name before cutting themself off with a loud yelp. A cold feeling washes over you as everything goes white.

Thursday Evening

You lay up quickly, gasping. You look around frantically before running your hands down your body frantically, trying to feel for any cuts, blood, or bruises. You had that nightmare again. It was the first time in a while that you have, but still, you definitely didn't miss the feeling of waking up in a cold sweat like you just did.

The only cuts you can feel are on your shoulders. A loud hiss escapes your lips as your fingers graze over the fabric of your shirt and along your shoulders. Other than the pain in your shoulders, you were fine. Gaining your senses back, you looked around the place you were in. It certainly wasn't home, that's for sure. The floor was covered in dust and plastic containers and bags, even some of the boards are coming loose. Your eyes trail up the walls to see them in the same shape as the floor; dusty and falling apart. Whoever lives here isn't doing a very good job of taking care of their place.

Their place? You rewind back, trying to recall what you can remember before your nightmare. Mk was having trouble getting his orders done as usual so you offered to go with him. You recall how the beginning had started out nice, peacefully listening to Lemon Demon as Mk drove. You two got to the place where you were supposed to deliver and then what happened? One of your hands makes its way up to your head to rub it. You always felt so foggy after having that memory. One time you got up really late in the afternoon confused about where you were. When you heard voices outside the door, you walked over to eavesdrop on the conversation. Mk and Pigsy were talking about how it wasn't like you to sleep in and which one should be the one to wake you up. Both their faces went different shades of red when you opened the door. Mk covered both of his eyes while Pigsy looked anywhere but at you. You remember feeling so utterly confused before you looked down at yourself. Half your body was exposed, you weren't wearing anything other than a bra and underwear. It wasn't until that moment that you remembered where you were as you slammed the door in their faces. You all have never talked about that incident again after an apology was made by each of you. They had no reason to apologize since you were the one to open the door, but they did anyway.