Feelings Are Key Ingrediants

Tw ((Suggestive Themes))

Late Thursday Afternoon

"Such a cute kitty," you laugh a little and stroke the back of Mo as he moves onto your lap, "not a single worry in the world." A sigh escapes your lips as you continue to pet Mo. The water of the ocean drifts by as Sandy drives the ship towards Flower Fruit Mountain. Something about it being just you, Mo, the sounds of the ocean, and-

"Let's go (Y/N)!" Mk shouts, jumping back up after you pushed his head away. "I'm not going to let you beat me again!" The brunette stands at the ready, watching you stay sitting in your beach chair.

"Mk," you frown and pull up your shades, "I've kicked your ass multiple times fist to fist, and I don't have any significant power." Lie, you've got power, but not like you used to.

"I'm done going easy!" The young protege pouts before smiling confidently. "And I think I've got you all figured out!"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"What's that?" You look past your friend, gently moving Mo out of your lap when Mk looks away.

Mk squints, adamantly searching the empty sea before him, "What's way out there-"

You swing your leg underneath both of his and watch as Mk falls back down, "Your moves are getting a little predictable." You offer the young brunette a hand while looking down at him, feeling guilty after seeing the look on his face. "I'm not saying they suck. Just try switching it up a bit."

Mk grabs your hand and stands up, quickly puffing out a frustrated sigh before resuming his fighting stance from before. "Give me one more chance, I promise to make it worth your time." The monkey's protege sees the look on your face and smiles a little in confidence you're almost positive is an influence from his Monkey of a Master. "And I'll switch it up so you'll never see my next move coming."

You raise a brow and slide your foot out a reasonable distance out from the other. Not that you'd ever say a word to Mk, or anyone else for that matter, but you've been a little busy over the past week training with Macaque in a run down theater of his. Thanks to the broken floorboards, you've had to blame the woods surrounding Flower Fruit Mountain for all the cuts on your ankles. That shadow monkey of yours loves to fight dirty, especially when he finds himself losing without using any of his powers. Macaque, as you've learned, is not one to fight an honest fight. Which would be fair if the fights the two of you have were life and death, but they're definitely not.

"Bring it," you tilt your chin up while propping your hands up, holding them empty since Mk has a tendency to swing first.

After seeing Mk nervously debate swinging first, leading you into swinging the first hit. With inches left between your first and Mk's face, you subconsciously decided not to pull any punches. It becomes a game between the two of you, seeing who will land the first hit. Mk's just as good on offense as you are, if not a little better despite having a taller figure.

Air weives between the two of you, punches creating small wind gashes that fly by your faces and the rest of your bodies. Just as Mk goes to take a step back, that's when you do it, you land the first hit right against Mk's face. A small wince forms on your face as Mk stumbles back. The nervousness that you actually hurt your friend never gets to settle in, because he smiles before coming right after you again.

The two of you go right back at it. Floorboards on the deck of the ship creak and crack as the two of you dance around. Mk swings to the right? You doge to the left. You swing a foot under Mk's legs. He jumps back like the spirited monkey he is. Smiles form on both of your faces. 1-1 is the score after Mk nails a hit to the side of your head. It stings, but you keep going.