A Sleepover?

Sunday Afternoon

The sound of Mk struggling to beat Mei at Monkey Mech beats every other noise you've ever heard. A smile creeps along your lips as you sip your drink watching the two. Mk is nowhere near as confident as he was earlier, which in truth, kind of sad, but mostly funny. Someone so cocky should own up to their wods, but Mks all bark and no bite.

All of you are standing on the corner of the street where the Monkey Mech arcade game is sitting. Mk wanted to come here so badly, so you all offered to go with. All but Tang and Pigsy of course. They both made up bullshit excuses not to come with, but you let them go and took Mei with you instead, along with Sandy who caught Tang and Pigsy wanted alone time. Soon enough, Mk started to trash talk Mei's ability to play the game.

"Muahahaha!" Mei cackles while staying calm, "you'll never surpass my power!" More noises of struggle fall out of Mk's mouth as he clicks every button on the machine. Mei stays collected, despite her growing urge to point and laugh at her friend who's losing so terribly. She was hoping for more of a challenge because of the way Mk talked earlier, but oh well.

"Try the smash! Try the smash!" Sandy peers over Mk's shoulder, watching as Mk's health bar continues to lower. Each time a health point goes away, Sandys cries to Mk get higher and higher. Honestly, you're surprised such a voice can come out of Sandy. His voice is so deep and soothing, yet right now it was so high and pitchy. It reminds you of when Mk had a voice crack not too long ago.

"I'm trying Sandy!" Mk squeals out, throwing his head back in exasperation, "I'm trying okay!" His head pops back up while he focuses back on the game he's currently losing at, terribly.

"Ha ha ha!" Mei yells as she prepares to make her finishing move, "No one can defeat me!" She raises her hand up into the air, ready to smash the button below and finish Mk with no mercy.

All of you raise an eyebrow when Mei's phone begins to ring. You take the last sip of your pink lemonade and look around for a trash can. You somehow manage to miss the way Mei's smile flops down into a frown as you continue to look around for a trash can.

"I'll be right back," you sigh and start walking away from the group to head back towards the shop you bought the pink lemonade from. Pigsy would freak out if he saw you anywhere near a drink that wasn't from his place. If anyone came looking for a drink at Pigsy's noodles, you'd be really surprised. What would there be to drink anyways? Broth? Water? Sure water's nice but just the broth by itself? Bleh.

So to avoid walking past Pigsy's place, you take a shortcut through the alleyway. This is the same way you, Mei, Mk, and Sandy took anyways so it won't hurt to take it again. You kick rocks and pebbles as you look around at the graffiti. Most of it is just words written in fat font. Others are some really nice art with the artist's tags on them. How long ago was it that Pigsy's shop was graffitied? Man you can't remember it's been that long. You remember it being around the same time you moved in with Mk. The only reason you even remember that the shop was graffitied on the back was because Pigsy's was so pissed off. It's the reason he has security cameras installed now.

You spot a trash can at the other end of the alley way and toss it in before making a u-turn to turn back around and head back to Monkey Mech. Right as you take your first step that way, you bump into someone. The person you bumped into grabs your arm and keeps you from falling.

"Th-Thank you?" When was there someone behind you? You didn't enter with anyone, nor was there anyone here when you walked in, so where did they come from? "I need to watch where I'm going, my apologies." You shrug their grip off you before looking up.

"It's no problem, I should probably watch where I'm going too," he gives you a smile, "also, are you the motorcyclist that stopped so kindly for me the night I was caught in the road?"