Reincarnation Pt. 1 Memories Are The Key

Tw ((Slightly Sexual behavior))

The Next Morning, Thursday

It's a rather quiet morning compared to the ones you normally wake up to at Pigsy's Noodles. Your eyes slowly open to find an empty wooden ceiling lit above you by the early morning light. The light blinds you for a couple of seconds before you squint your eyes and adjust. It takes a couple of seconds before it really clicks that you're not at Pigsy's place.

You lay up quickly, causing a migraine to take place in back of your head where you had hit all those weeks ago. However, that's not the only pain your body's experiencing. Bandages cover your upper and lower arms and legs. Some of the bandages are so far inside your leg that it scares you to think about who might've seen the rest of your body because you know for a fact you didn't bandage yourself like this. It's far too well done to be your handiwork.

However, the bandages aren't the only thing you're wearing that doesn't belong to you. An oversized yellow colored shirt hangs loosely around your figure. You also take note that the shorts that you're wearing are fuzzy, which isn't anything you'll normally wear.

Abrupt humming coming from beyond the room door fills your empty eardrums. Out of curiosity, you scoot towards the edge of the bed, next to the door. The closer you get to the door, the more clear the humming becomes. Both your feet touch the carpeted floor as you begin to stand up. One step towards the cracked open door results in you tripping over literally nothing, and beginning to fall face first towards the floor.

Wind flies by your face and a furry arm wraps around your waist, saving your face from a rough date with the floor. It takes a couple of seconds before you lock eyes with Wukong. In his free hand, you notice a spatula- Wait, when did Wukong learn how to cook? You've always cooked him food.

"Wukong?" A little laugh escapes your lips. "Are you burning yet another meal?" Wukong raises an eyebrow, expressing his confusion.

"What?" The monkey sends a smile your way, causing a light blush to spread across your cheeks. "I wasn't aware you thought I was a bad cook?"

"Thought?" You blink a couple of times before poking his nose, keeping eye contact with him. "I know you're a bad cook. The entire trip home has been filled with nothing but over or undercooked food." Another laugh bubbles out of your throat as you work on standing up straight.

Wukong's hand slips from your waist as you clumsily waltz towards the kitchen. He stands there for a couple of seconds before following you into the kitchen. His eyes trail you as you sniff the steam coming from the pan that's cooking bacon and eggs.

"Hey this smells really good!" You smile more and look back at him. "I guess you've been holding back on me all this time huh? All you needed was some proper cooking utensils I guess."

The monkey sucks in a breath and nods before filling the empty space beside you. "It's just bacon and eggs." Wukong sets the spatula onto an empty plate on the counter before pressing that same hand against your forehead. "Do you feel sick? You're a little warm, (Y/N). Maybe you should go get some more rest."

"What do you mean am I sick?" You grab his hand from your forehead and continue to hold onto it even when it's off of your face and next to his side. "Wukong, we've been traveling the last few weeks to get here. It would be weird if I suddenly got sick, don't you think? And you know me, I'm never sick."

Wukong takes part of his bottom lip and holds onto it with some of his teeth. Your resemblance to the past you is uncanny. All of the memories of the two of you traveling after his venture to the west are coming back to him. Every time he burnt a fish or berry on the fire, your laughter or pouts when you saw the food. Who are you right now? The (Y/N) before or after your death?