Reincarnation Pt. 2 Macaque

Tw ((Sexual Behavior/Blood and Death))

Sunday Afternoon, A Few Months Later

The next few months are what you would call blissful. You and Wukong spend almost every waking hour with one another. Wukong's small shack is starting to look better along with the surrounding area. You've been shopping down at the village market place quite a few times for food since Wukong can't cook and running on just berries from the surrounding area has become exhausting. While the berries are good, real food is a must. Which someone could find ironic since you're out gathering berries from the woods right now.

You're not gathering the berries to eat, you're gathering them to sell to the merchants passing by. Luckily for you and Wukong, the berries that grow on Flower Fruit Mountain don't grow anywhere else so the berries being edible and worth a bit will help you get money for actual food.

Something that's been bugging you for the last couple weeks is that whenever Wukong and yourself split up to do separate tasks, you feel as though you're being watched. Shadows sometimes seem misplaced one second and then normal the next. You haven't bothered to tell Wukong because honestly, you think you might be going crazy. Maybe you're getting too little sun. While living a comfortable, almost completely normal life is amazing, maybe laziness is starting to overcome you. Whatever your issue might be, it'll be better to get to the bottom of it sooner rather than later.

So while you can't say for sure that you're being watched, you'd like to figure it out and put a stop to it if you are. While yes, you are in fact in the woods to gather some berries to sell later, you're hoping to also catch any out of place shadows. Wukong's the farthest away from you he's been since the day you both arrived. Being glued to the hip has its perks, but being away from him as well. See, while you're out in the woods collecting berries, Wukong's making his presence known to the village down the mountain. You have to admit, it is a little intimidating being so far away from him, it's probably the best that the two of you spend time by yourselves.

A sigh escapes your lips as you toss yet another berry into your straw basket. Picking berries is a real forearm and wrist workout. Sure, doing it almost every week for the last couple of months has helped, but that doesn't mean all the pain is abruptly going to go away. At times like this, you miss when Wukong would come and help you pick the berries. The sage always makes chores feel like less than they actually are, but maybe that's because you simply enjoy his presence a little too much.

When you go to pick the next berry off its bush, a snap behind you syncs with the snapping of the berry coming off its stem. If the twig wasn't as loud as it was, you probably would've thought nothing of it.

"Who's there," you ask calmly while you stand up fully, "I know you've been watching me." You cast your glance behind you and see the broken twig disappear into a shadow. It looks like you're being followed after all. This presence sort of reminds you of the one you felt when you and Wukong first arrived here. It's like it's here, but not; if that makes any sense.

You continue to glance around for a couple of seconds. While you'd like to go back to picking berries and pretend as though nothing's happened, you simply can't. Answers are a must and now that you're aware that you are being followed after all, this might be the best time to get them. No Wukong for several miles, you're alone and almost completely helpless, so this is the perfect time to get the answers you've been longing for.

"Look," you start and set your basket down, as if you could defend yourself with it anyways, "you obviously don't like Wukong, that much is evident. It's just little ole' me, the sage is miles away, so it's just you and I."

Your eyes wander the seemingly empty forest for any signs of life. The presence of whoevers watching you grows more faint until it completely disappears. A little upset and confused, you bend at the knees to pick up your almost full basket of berries.