Basorexia

Tw ((Mentions of Character Death//Blood//Sexual Activities))

Tuesday Evening, the Same Day

The aroma of peach tea floats throughout Wukong's kitchen, almost completely overtaking the smell of orange chicken. Either way, if memory serves you right, the old Wukong from the past wouldn't even begin to comprehend such a simple recipe. The thought almost makes you laugh, and you probably would've if you weren't aware that you're about to have a serious conversation.

Wukong sets a mug full of peach tea on the table in front of you before turning back to the rice cooker. Steam rises from the mug and quickly evaporates into nothing but thin air. Still, if the aroma of peach tea wasn't strong enough before, it certainly is now. It's not like you mind it, knowing peaches have always been his thing, but still, it's interesting he hasn't grown out of them yet.

"Dinner's almost ready," the monkey hums while opening the lid to the rice cooker, "then we can get right down to the point."

"Right." You nod your head firmly before cupping both hands around the mug. Warmth spreads through your hands and up your entire body, causing goosebumps to spread along your arms. It's been awhile since you've felt so cold. Megapolis' weather is always summer-like, so feeling this way almost feels unnatural. Almost.

Wukong's eyes slowly drift from the rice bowls and back at you. His tail sways back and forth out of nervousness, a habit he's picked up from the other monkeys. The moment your body shifts even slightly, Wukong's eyes snap back to the rice bowls. He feels so silly acting the way he is right now, he obviously knew you were going to find out eventually, but didn't think eventually would come so soon.

Training Mk has taken up most of his time, and while he doesn't mind the kids' presence, having a mortal around is starting to make him worry more and more about his decision. He's tried the whole 'teaching' thing before, and look at how Macaque turned out. Hell, Macaque almost took out his new student earlier today, just thinking about it makes Wukong's blood boil.

"Shadowy bastard," Wukong loosely mumbles under his breath quietly, grabbing your attention, "I swear I'll-" The monkey makes a fist for a split second before letting it go to add the chicken to the rice.

You sit quietly drinking your tea and don't draw any attention towards Wukong's loose mutters. It's hard to pick up on anything he's saying anyways, so you just stop paying attention to it and start thinking about what you want to start with. What is there even to start with anyways? Past lives and current lives are something you haven't put a whole lot of thought into until now. Do you start with you and Wukong's relationship? How are you going to bring that up nicely? 'Hey Wukong, how's it feel to not catch me-'

Your thoughts are interrupted when Wukong slides out a chair from the table and sits in it, right next to you. "So," Wukong starts, sliding your bowl of orange chicken to you across the table, "where do you want to begin?"

"Where to even start," you laugh nervously, grabbing a fork to eat with, "I guess we can start with when we met? Did you know I was brought back?"

"No," the monkey sighs and rolls his hand around in the air, in this moment looking anywhere but at you, "hence why it took me so long to react to your fall after the kid messed with the power of the staff."

"Ah right," you nod in absent agreement, thoughts elsewhere. So that'll explain the sudden jerk upwards. Now that you think about it, that's probably what caused you to pass out. Oh well, he saved your ass so there's no room to complain. "Can I ask another question? One a little more personal?"

"Go for it," Wukong laughs a little and looks at his bowl of chicken, "that's what this whole conversation is about. You need answers and I've got them."