Recovery (2)

The moon of Teyvat was slowly beginning to rise, every single mortal and creature was now heading to sleep. Everyone expect a certain Yaksha that was watching his friend rest against the wall of the boat. Aether had made Xiao lay on his lap but the poor Adeptus couldn't sleep, he had to keep his guard up incase anything happend to the boat. The traveler on the other hand was fast asleep, his companion admired how adorable he looked when asleep.

The blonde boy's lap was quite comfortable, it was surprisingly soft like a pillow. Usually Xiao refused to accept it when his friend offered to be used as a 'pillow' but this time he had no choice but to politely accept. A certain exhausted look in the boy's eyes made the Yaksha unable to refuse.

While admiring Aether, the Adeptus had noticed how the boat suddenly stopped moving. He slowly and quietly stood up to check what was going on, it seemed that their little ship had finally reached the surface. Since it was a small boat, it ended up hitting a bridge that was meant for huge traveling cruises. The boy decided to take a quick look around the place before trying to wake his friend up, it was quiet and nobody was there. It seemed like all the abyss mages were gone. Everything was back to It's normal state. The citizens of Liyue also seemed to be sleeping, there was no sound of voices anywhere to be heard.

Xiao tapped the shoulder of the boy who was fast asleep in hope of waking him up. There was no reaction out of him just a very quiet and tired moan.

"Hey...wake up we're here."

No response.

"Aether?"

No response again.

He decided to give up on trying to wake him up. The traveler was a very heavy sleeper sometimes.

While the boy was sleeping so peacefully, his companion decided to take the chance to kiss him on the cheek slightly.

Out of nowhere the blonde boy finally opened his eyes only to see the Adeptus on top of him, holding his chin while backing away from a kiss.

"Xiao!? What are you..."

"I thought you were asleep."

"I was until a minute ago..." Admitted Aether while rubbing his eyes.

"...Our boat has finally arrived to Liyue. Let's get out and check if Baizhu is still awake to patch up y-" He was cut off by a sudden kiss on the lips, and another one right after. The Yaksha blushed without even trying to move away, they were in a very awkward position so moving away would've made it even worse.

"Hey, you can't just kiss my cheek and change the subject." Joked the traveler with a wide teasing grin on his face.

"I thought you wouldn't notice." He looked his friend deep in the eyes with embarrassment while still leaning over him.

"Well, I wanna notice." And just like that Xiao kissed him once again before finally getting off him and sitting beside the boy.

The blonde boy blushed before stretching while yawning and looking around the place their boat had hit. They could easily get out but Aether did not wanna see doctor Baizhu or adventurers asking about him and his well being.

"Come on, you need to get yourself healed." Started the Adeptus. "Keeping the wound open like that might cause an infection."

"I'm not going, that guy creeps me out. I can deal with this myself."

Xiao got up and grabbed his companion's hand, trying to drag him out of the boat. The moment the traveler's feet touched the ground he groaned in pain while trying to grab onto the side of the boat.