The final fight

Aether exited the cave after making sure his dear friend was safe. He was immediately attacked by multiple entities the second he got out. It was no problem for him to fend them off while thinking of a way to stop this once and for all. Most of the land in Teyvat was destroyed and everything was burning.

Everything was already gone. Was trying to save everything in the last moment really the correct decision?

Despite everything that was happening, the seven archons still decided to protect the traveler no matter what. They all understood this all was because of him yet they still wished to help. One archon was a little late to the party unlike the rest but he quickly appeared behind the blonde, tapping his shoulder lightly.

Aether turned around and saw the Anemo archon standing there with a catalyst floating above his left hand.

"Venti." He muttered. His voice seemed to be getting lost. Talking felt harder than defending himself from those monsters. His voice was fading away.

"Go. The more you use this new power of yours the more of them will show up. You already managed to ruin most of Teyvat so do as you're told in a world that isn't yours. It's the least you could do." The God stated with a stern expression.

The traveler had never seen Venti this way. He seemed so serious unlike usual. The blonde already knew most of this was his fault but could he really do anything about it? The power was going off on it's own. He could barely control it.

"If I did this then I should be able to fix this. You and all the others should go."

"Be grateful we're out here risking our lives for you! Gah! Forget it! I know you mean good but please, Aether. It's for the be-" Before the Anemo archon could finish his sentence something knocked him down from behind.

It was one of the entities. It had attacked Venti, making him fall to the ground before he could react.

The traveler grabbed his pure white blade and quickly slashed it through the monster before it could hurt his friend some more. Unfortunately, the entity dodged and went behind him as well.

It lightly touched his hand, attempting to cut it off together with the blade but failed as the blonde managed to stab it.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until something began stinging his finger. He looked at it and his heart dropped.

The ring had began to crack.

In mere seconds it shattered into small pieces and fell to the ground. He tried picking the pieces up and reforging it again but it didn't work. He tried again and again helplessly hoping it would work, but it didn't.

Venti had only gotten back to his senses, he got up from the ground and rubbed his forehead wondering what the traveler was trying to repair.

"Aether..." He started in a worried tone after noticing how determined Aether was to fix the strange item in his hand.

"No, no, no, no!" The blonde kept yelling.

In the end, he just dropped to his knees and stared at the pieces that were slowly turning into dust. Even though his eyes seemed to be lost enough, tears managed to form in them. He couldn't believe the ring had broken. How was he going to explain this to his lover? Xiao would hate him for this. Xiao probably already hated him enough for leaving him in the teapot all alone.

Seeing the ring made him remember his marriage proposal not too long ago. He promised the Yaksha they would get married after this.

After taking some time to let a few tears roll down his cheeks, Aether blew away the dust of the ring, letting the wind carry it. He had to put an end to this. He looked at Venti as his tears dried up.