Continuing point ||

The entire house of Daena was empty. Not only the upper space but the entire building. All Sumeru citizens were ordered to leave until a certain situation has been taken care of. Nobody knew what was going on but they all did as the archon requested and the entire house was closed down temporarily.

Nahida wasn't sure how long the Traveler will take to finish his mission if anyone were to mess with the elemental system everything could go wrong. Leaving the house open would just increase the risk.

The girl started working very early in the morning to find a way to send her friend over to Irminsul's memories. It wasn't an easy spell even for an archon. The preparation exhausted her, but it was worth it.

There was a way to send Aether to the core of Irmineul through a knowledge-infused portal. It was a very risky way to send somebody there.

He and his partner showed up at the place they agreed to meet with the God. Xiao was making sure nobody touched the blonde the entire night. It wasn't a hard job but he was glad it was soon going to be over. The traveler on the other hand, felt nervous but well-rested. This was possibly going to be one of his hardest missions so far.

The second they arrived, lessee lord kusanali greeted them. The wanderer was also beside her working on what looked like a teleporation device. He seemed too busy to even pay attention to any of them.

"Good morning traveler, conqueror of demons!"

"Good morning, Buer."

"Morning Nahida."

"As you can see, Kunikuzushi is finishing up the device that will take you to Irminsul's core. It will take a while until it's ready." Explained the little girl with a serious expression. "Traveler, do you still want to proceed with your wish? I hope you thought more about it."

Aether looked at his lover for a split second, then back at the archon. He had zero doubt and hesitation to proceed.

"There's nothing to think about. I will do this."

"Alright. If you're so sure. But there are still a couple of things I have to warn you about."

Nahida took a large book from the ground and started to read from it. She decided to skip the unnecessary stuff and head on to the useful information. Every time she visited the old tree her memories got erased, so she keeps a book with all the side effects she happens to remember.

"You will be experiencing a lot of pain while inside the core. But don't worry, there's no reason to feel offended. The tree hurts those who enter it to protect itself. It could give you many bruises and scratches so please be quick. And also-"

"Hold up." The Adeptus interrupted. Scaramouche turned his head, curious about what the boy will say. He seemed like a quiet individual who didn't speak unless necessary so the puppet stopped doing his work to listen in on the conversation.

"Is it really safe sending somebody there if there's a possibility they'll die from injuries?" He asked sounding very concerned for his boyfriend.

"I feel the same way you do, conqueror of demons, but It is the traveler's choice, he's made up his mind and there's nothing I can change about it." She responded with clear signs of sorrow in her voice.

It wasn't easy for her to allow a close friend to commit something so dangerous, but she had no choice. All the running around nations Aether did was for his sister. If there was ever something Nahida could do to help him with his journey, she would with no second thoughts lend a hand. Despite this being a completely opposite request, she still decided to fulfill his wish.

Xiao turned his head to his lover. He didn't seem surprised at all that there was a risk of him dying. He had that same expression he wore the entire day.