Friends from afar ||

"An invitation from Sumeru?"

"I'm pretty sure it's from the Dendro archon. I've memorized her handwriting from before."

"Should we go? We left very suddenly the last time we visited."

Xiao and Aether were having a small chat before sleeping. Neither of them felt tired so they decided to stay up a bit more. Paimon already headed back to sleep hours ago. She spent too much time talking to the two which made her extremely tired. Speaking with Tubby felt like speaking to a robot so she was glad that her two friends were back so soon.

The day in the teapot went by pretty fast. Sorting letters out seemed like it took a really short time. It felt a little odd but no one wanted to think anything about it. The teapot was always a strange place especially when it came to time and how it worked.

It was a peaceful night like any other. Every night felt peaceful when the two had one another. It was a feeling that couldn't be described.

"Do YOU want to go?" Asked the blonde while staring at the bland, boring ceiling.

"I don't mind coming with you, but it's your invitation. It's your decision to either decline or accept." Responded the other while flipping over a page in a book he was reading.

The traveler moved closer to him to get a closer look at the book he was reading. The cover didn't have any pictures so it seemed mysterious. It also wasn't every day that the Yaksha decided to read a book written by mortals.

"What kind of book is that? I never thought you'd carry old books with you, let alone know how to read."

"It's something I bought while you were injured. I never got the chance to finish reading it so I figured tonight should be perfect..."

While smiling, the traveler wrapped his hands around his lover and started reading a couple of the lines. He didn't quite understand what was going on since it was near the end of the book but he thought it seemed interesting.

"What's it about?" He asked curiously.

"About a god who destroyed a world to protect his loved one. It's a fanfiction written by some strange publishing house in Inazuma. It's hard to understand but the plot is very likable." The Adeptus responded happily. He really enjoyed that book and was glad to share it with his partner.

"If I was a god I'd destroy the world any day for your sake." Said the blonde jokingly as he yawned. He was slowly starting to get tired but didn't want to sleep yet.

There was a high chance that Aether was a god already but due to being half asleep he may have worded that a little wrong or perhaps he was too unconscious. His eyes didn't seem tired so for a second there it didn't sound like a joke. Xiao stopped reading and looked him directly in the eyes with a somewhat confused expression.

But after noticing how his boyfriend may have been tired, he brushed it off as a joke. He often joked like this when he was tired. It's something the Yaksha got used to after a short period of time.

"I'd destroy every world there is if it meant I got to be with you. I mean it." The blonde added with a warm smile.

"Why risk something so huge for something so little?"

"There's no little or huge. To me, you deserve the world."

And with that, the traveler closed his eyes and fell asleep while cuddled up against his lover. He decided it was finally time to rest.

Xiao was still puzzled about whether this was a joke or not. Either way, it made him red all the way up to his ears. He didn't know such simple words could make him act this way. Despite the boy being asleep he still covered his face in embarrassment while putting the book away to sleep.