Freedom V

The two boys woke up after spending the entire day yesterday cuddling and talking without bothering to even go anywhere. Aether missed talking to his partner like this while he was asleep, but the energy he got from it was really worth it. The Yaksha seemed way more energetic than before, he talked more than usual and had a happier expression.

The traveler really slowly started to wonder if the reason he was so cold toward him when they first met was because he didn't get any sleep. The hating mortals thing really seemed like an excuse.

But now his sleep schedule seemed to be doing okay, the entire night Xiao didn't move. He didn't try going out of bed like he usually does to wander off, he actually stayed by the blonde's side this entire night while holding onto him tight. It felt nice.

In the morning, Aether was the one to wake up first, the moment his eyes opened he saw his lover's face only an inch away from his. The Adeptus seemed to still be asleep, judging from his closed eyes and rested face. The boy couldn't help but admire how adorable his boyfriend looked when asleep.

He moved closer to Xiao, resting his head on the other's chest. He wished to get a bit more rest before getting up. Whatever it was that Jean wanted him to do definitely wasn't going to be easy. Especially since it was given by none other than the acting grandmaster herself.

After she refused to tell him what the mission was, he started to get really curious on what it could he. All she mentioned was that it didn't need any acts of violence.

The boy suddenly started to feel an arm wrap around his waist and pull him closer, but the other's eyes were still closed. Was he perhaps pretending to be asleep?

"Xiao? You're awake?" The traveler managed with a tired, barely conscious voice.

"Goodmorning." His eyes opened and instantly met the other pair of golden eyes looking straight at him. "Have you slept well?"

"Hey, I should be asking you that..."

"With you next to me, I feel like I can sleep more peacefully...I don't have to worry about anything."

The blonde smiled.

"I'm glad you feel that way."

Xiao rolled over away from his partner and started staring at the ceiling while rubbing his eyes to be able to see clearly. The blonde didn't mind, he also turned to be facing the ceiling, everyone needed personal space from time to time.

"Before we head out I'd like to talk to you about something, if you don't mind." Started the Adeptus. "I'm sure you remember that dream I had about Venti not a long time ago."

"Yeah...? What is it? If you still wanna talk to him I could-"

"I've come to the realization that it wasn't a dream, it was real. He really did save my life that night, and I'm sure he is well aware of it."

"You're saying he was only pretending not to know you?"

The Yaksha nodded as he turned his head towards Aether.

"...honestly expected from him."

"He's usually like that...?"

"It's hard to say what kind of a person he is, but I can reassure you, that he only lied in order to protect his identity as the anemo archon, many people could overhear and think its odd for a bard to have any kind of connections with an Adeptus."

And with that, the traveler got up and started to get ready for his meeting with the acting grand master of Mondstadt while Xiao laid in bed thinking for a while.