Resting |

It was now a brand new day, the sun was barely shining through the window in Aether's room. His companion had opened it the previous night to get the boy a little fresh air to breath. There seemed to be some finches gathered around the window making a nest and singing. It was them who woke the traveler up in the first place, it wasn't a bad noise to wake up it, infact it was quite a pleasant tune.

The boy had a very long dream that he now couldn't remember, all he knew was that it wasn't a nightmare. He woke up happy and energetic. The pain still hadn't faded away but he felt good.

He turned to the side only to see his little friend sleeping beside him, he was still fast asleep and looked very calm. He was almost about to fall off the edge of the bed, he was most likely trying to make space for his injured friend.

Aether tried to lightly grab his waist and pull him closer to the middle of the bed before he fell off, the Adeptuses eyes immediately opened looking at the one's from the traveler.

"Well, goodmorning to you too." Teased the Yaksha wondering why his face was so close to the boy's. He clearly remembered trying to sleep as far away from him as possible for more comfort in order to heal faster.

"Goodmorning, why didn't you move closer to the middle? You could fall off you know."

"You needed space."

"I wouldn't mind you next to me while I sleep. Don't be shy to move closer next time." Said the blonde boy as he sat up and drank the water he had left from last night.

Xiao decided to get up aswell, he was gonna check if doctor Baizhu was awake and able to treat Aether's wounds. Normally the man should be up by this time, besides he had no other patients besides him.

As soon as his hand grabbed the door handle, some hand from the other side pushed the door open. It was the tall, green haired man with his snake around his neck. The Adeptus stepped away and leaned against the door frame while waiting for the doctor to patch up the traveler's bruises.

"Goodmorning my favorite patient and his friend!" His voice sounded so sarcastic when mentioning the word 'friend'. "Now, before I try any experiments on your body, due to the Liyue laws, I need to know what happened to you before I treat you."

"Uh, the huge number of abyss mages outside somehow managed to beat me up. A gang of five of them constantly kept going at me." Lied the boy.

"Huh?"

"Is everything alright, Baizhu?"

The green haired man had a confused look on his face, and so too did his long white snake who was crawling around his neck. They both seemed confused on what the boy was talking about.

"Abyss mages? What are those? Are you playing with me?"

Aether looked at Xiao, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. Did the man lose his memory somehow? How would he out of all people now know what an abyss mage is. The Yaksha was as startled as his friend.

"The flying fluffy things with shields...?" Tried explaining the traveler.

"Ah whatever, if you don't wanna tell me that's fine. I don't have all day."

It seemed like the doctor didn't want to have anything to do with the boy, he didn't really like weird people so that was quite understandable on why he skipped the question.

The man with green hair kneeled down and took a look at the blonde boy's legs. They seemed completely fine, only a bit overpowered. He told Aether that he will be able to walk tomorrow or maybe even later today if he got enough rest. Next he moved onto the bloody shoulder. He stared at it for a while, rubbing his chin, thinking about something.