Finding my melody

Luke's POV

I woke to the best dream EVER. I was onstage playing in front of thousands of fans screaming my name and my band.

Fans: SUNSET CURVE! SUNSET CURVE!

I didn't want to wake up, but my brothers have other plans.

Nick and Bobby: LUKE?! GET UP YOU LAZY TURD MAKE BREAKFAST FOR US!!!

Those are my two brothers: Nick and Bobby. Those two are a pain in the butt and sometimes I want to struggle them. Bobby's the oldest but he's not the sharpest tool in the toolbox, he's the Captain of the prank squad and all around jerk. Then there's Nick, Captain of the Lacrosse team and major heartthrob for all girls alike and he's way smarter than Bobby. I don't know how they're related. And then there's me, I'm just some guy who wants to play music and be with my friends. It sounds cliche but if you think about it, there more like my brothers then my actual ones. My friends names are Reggie and Alex, and they've been there for me when my mom died.

When I was 5, my dad died in a car accident and it's just been me and my mom ever since. She's the one who introduced me to music and I've couldn't be more graceful to be taught by her.

(I forgot to mention that Emily was supporting Luke in this, sorry back to the story).

But that all change when she met Trevor, my horrible step-dad, came into our lives when I was 12. My mom told me that she was having financial problems and Trevor agreed to help out. After that, they got married and I wasn't too happy about it but she was happy and I didn't want to ruin it. When I was 14, she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and the doctors say they did everything they could to help her but it wasn't enough. A year later, my mom died and it was the last time I saw her. I'm happy she's in a better place but I'm also mad at her for leaving me here with Trevor and the terrible twos.

Everyday, I wished she was here to help me with this horrible situation. I just miss her so much. So I decided to make up a plan to get away from this life. I got a job at Chili's as a waiter and even though it didn't pay much, I was still willing to make the best of it. Luckily, Reggie and Alex also got the job and we all plan to get away from this town. Reggie doesn't have the best home life, his parents fight everyday and everytime he sees a fight he just runs away and he always manage to have a smile on his face. He's a dork but we love him that way. Alex doesn't have the best family life either, his parents disowned him for being gay and he's been living with his aunt and uncle since then. We all have tough lives but as long as we're together, nothing can stop us.

Trevor: LUKE, GET DOWN HERE NOW!

Here we go.

Luke: Yeah!

Trevor: Get over here.

Luke: What is it?

Trevor: Aren't you going to make breakfast?

Luke: Yes, sir.

Did I mention I'm like a slave here. No, well I am. It started when my mom died 6 months later.

After I made everyone breakfast me, Bobby, and Nick get ready for school. When we arrive, Bobby pushed me by the face and laugh.

Bobby: You snooze you loss, turd.

Nick: See you inside, Loser.

Luke: Seriously guys

Trevor: Come on, Luke. There just messing around. Make sure you don't get into any trouble.

Luke: Yes sir.

I got out of the car and make my way inside of the school, Los Feliz High school of the Performing arts. It's a good school but worst part was that Trevor transfer Nick and Bobby here. And my life keeps getting worst by the second.

Reggie: Hey Luke.

Luke: What's up man. Where's Alex?

Reggie: He's already inside, but some guys cornered him.

Luke: Not again.

Me and Reggie ran into the school seeing Alex pinned up to a locker.

Bully #1: You're such a weirdo.

Bully #2: What a freak.

Luke: HEY?!

When they looked up, they immediately ran in the other direction dropping Alex.

Luke: You okay man?

Alex: Yeah I'm fine.

Reggie: That's the third time this month. You should really tell the principal.

Alex: You know I can't, Principal Lessa will just call my parents and they won't even care.

Luke: But you can't let these bullies pick on you.

Alex: Only one more year till graduation. Then we can go to New York.

L, R, A: *sighs* New York

Alex: The home of Broadway.

Luke: The home of Fame.

Reggie: The home of Cheesecake.

Me and Alex just looked at him weird and we headed to our first class of the day.

***

It was time for lunch and I was straving. I grabbed my lunch tray and picked up what I wanted to eat. When I sat down, I felt something wet hit my head. It was a water balloon. BOBBY?!

Luke: Seriously Bobby.

Bobby and Nick: *laughing*

I went to find my sit next to Alex and Reggie until everyone stood up and ran out the cafeteria door with phones at hand. They were taking pictures of someone but I didn't care. Probably someone famous, alot of famous students go here and they're snobs. Especially Carrie Wilson, she's been crushing on me since freshman year and I never liked her because of how spoiled she is. Me and guys left the cafeteria and went to our next class until someone bumped into me and we both fell.

???: I'm so sorry I didn't see you there.

Luke: No it's fineee-

When she looked up, I couldn't help but stare into her eyes. She has curly brown hair, beautiful brown eyes, tan skin, and a Puerto Rico shirt. When she looked at me, she put on a smile that could make me melt.

???: Sorry again, I was rushing to my next class.

Luke: No it's fine, I totally get it. I'm Luke b-by the way.

???: I'm-

Random fan: JULIE MOLINA?!?!

_______________________________________

THAT'S THE END OF CHAPTER 1?!?!

I've been having this idea for long, I just had to write it. This is the first au I have ever written and I really hope you guys like it.

Hope you like future chapters, make sure to comment or vote on this book and I hope I can hear from you guys.

BYEEE!🤩🤩🤩