Leaving at Midnight

Luke's POV

Me and Julie kept trying to figure out lyrics for a new song and it's been pretty amazing so far. I feel like I known her forever. The way she is so passionate about music just warms my heart instantly. It's like she's one with the music. I'm surprised she hasn't recognized me yet but I could tell by the look on her face that she does. I brushed my hand against hers and she looked up at me. I looked into her eyes and saw sparks in them. We both blushed and continued with the song.

Julie: What about during the chorus we do "Whoa-oh-oh Whoa-oh-oh perfect harmony" and then we repeat it.

Luke: That's a great idea.

Julie: Do you want to go from the top?

Luke: Sure

Step into my world
Bittersweet love story about a girl
Shook me to the core
Voice like angel, I've never heard before

Here in front of me
Shining so much brighter
Then I have ever seen
Life can be so mean
But when he goes, I know he doesn't leave

The truth is finally breaking through
Two worlds collide when I'm with you
Our voices rise and soar so high
We come to life when we're

In perfect harmony
Woah-oh-oh Woah-oh-oh
Perfect harmony
Woah-oh-oh Woah-oh-oh

*soft whispers*

We say we're friends
We play pretend
You're more to me
We create
The perfect harmony

We looked into each other's eyes and brought my hand up to push hair out of her beautiful face. My hand rests on her cheek and she leans into it. I didn't realize that I was leaning forward and so was she. We almost met in the middle when I heard a phone go off. We backed away from each other and checked to see who's phone it is.

Julie: Sorry it's me. It's a reminder that I'm gonna be on stage soon.

Luke: That's cool. By the way, what time is it?

Julie: Oh it's-

She was about to say it until someone came in.

Andi: Julie, we need you NOW.

Julie: Okay, on my way.

We both got up and we make our way out of the music studio and into the dance floor of the party. Julie grabbed my hand and took me backstage.

Julie: Hey I know it's last minute but what's your name?

I smile softly at her and began to speak.

Luke: You really wanna know?

Julie: *smiling* I do actually.

Luke: It's L-

Then I heard a clock booming acrossed the room. I looked up at the time and my blood ran cold. It's midnight.

Luke: Twelve?!

Julie: Your name's Twelve?

Luke: No it's not but I have to go. Sorry.

Julie: Wait?!

I was running towards the exit and I realized that I have to find Alex and Reggie. I reached for my phone and called them and they said they're at the exit. I immediately ran towards it when I bumped into Nick making my mask fall. I covered my eyes to avoid looking at him.

Nick: WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING?!

Luke: Sorry.

I pushed past him and make my way to the exit. I kept hearing Julie saying, "Wait!" and it kills me that I can't stay longer. But if I don't go back home, Trevor gonna ground me for the rest of my life. I saw Alex and Reggie outside but I didn't see the limo.