Chapter 15. 1817 

On a beautiful morning towards the beginning of April, Anthony and Cordelia were enjoying tea and scones at the breakfast table. Cordelia had been wanting to be out of bed, at least for a little while. Anthony had been willing to oblige, with a little kissing persuasion.
Cordelia smiled, picking up one of her scones and taking a bite. "I still believe the baby is going to be a boy."
Anthony chuckled. "Must we have this conversation again? I believe the baby is going to be a beautiful little girl."
Cordelia giggled. "And what if there are two babies? One boy and one girl? What then?"
Anthony smiled brightly. "Then if that's the case, we are going to love and adore them."
Cordelia smiled softly. "Exactly."
They enjoyed the remainder of their breakfast with pleasant chatter, trying to come up with the perfect name for their baby. It didn't matter to them whether the child was a boy or a girl of course. But they still liked teasing and bantering back-and-forth with each other about the gender.
***
Towards the afternoon, Anthony was in his office going over paperwork, when he heard knocking at his door. He put his pen down. "Yes?"
The door to his office opened, revealing Cordelia's lady in waiting, Bridget. Her face was a little anxious. "My Lord, I'm so sorry to bother you, but Lady Barrington has gone into labor."
Anthony was on his feet, and after thanking Bridget, walked out of his office and toured his chamber. He found Cordelia curled up in their bed, her face pale but her eyes filled with determination. He knelt beside her, taking her hand and squeezing it gently. "You can do this my love."
Cordelia gave him a soft smile, then whimpered with pain. "Thank you darling."
Anthony glanced at Bridget who had walked into the room. "Has the midwife been sent for?"
Bridget. "She has my Lord. She should be arriving very shortly."
Anthony. "Good, thank you."
As they waited for the midwife to arrive, Anthony in Cordelia had a feeling that their baby was going to make a quick entrance into the world. At least, that was their hope. Neither one of them wanted along and lengthy labor and delivery.
***
By 8 o'clock that same evening, nearly 6 hours after first going into labor, Cordelia was smiling down at her 9 pound and 3 ounce baby boy. She had done it, she had given birth to a son. She smiled sweetly at Anthony, who is sitting next to her. It seems I win the bet."
Anthony burst out laughing, his eyes shining with pride. "It seems you have my darling. He's absolutely beautiful."
Cordelia smiled. "He certainly is."
John Oliver Anthony Barrington was a spitting image of his father, possessing dark brown curls and vibrant blue eyes. He instantly latched onto his mothers breast for milk. He was a perfect baby, as far as his parents were concerned. Little did he realize that he and his sibling would be inheriting quite a lovely estate.
Anthony in Cordelia smiled down at their son, their hearts overflowingAnthony and Cordelia smiled down at their son, their hearts overflowing with love. At last, they had become a family. And they couldn't wait to expand on that family.