10. | REST

Clay was currently going up to Dave's bedroom to tell him where he'd be—which was Nick's house. He just needed to talk about everything that was going on and he also just wanted to spend some time with his friend in general. He had been over there the previous week, but there wasn't a whole lot to say at the time.

It was still pretty early, and he didn't see Dave downstairs at all or in his office, so Clay assumed this was one of the so called "lazy days" Dave had occasionally. He knocked as softly as he could on the sturdy wood door, slowly pushing it open.

'That's weird, he's not here either?"

He opened the door wider, planting a single foot into the room and just staring at it. Clay gasped as he was pushed inside, hearing the door click shut. He whipped around, facing Dave's chest.

"What do you think you're doin', huh, Smiley?" Dave murmured quietly, barely touching Clay's hips.

Clay shivered, looking up, "I-I was just gonna tell you that I'm going to Nick's to hang out for a little while. I didn't see you downstairs or where you normally are so I thought you'd be in here," he quickly explained.

"I assumed as much," Dave said as he brought Clay's chin up and tilted his head to the side, "You sure you don't wanna cover our mess up before you go?"

"Mess...?" Clay mumbled before his eyes widened with realization.

Dave smirked, "I'd prefer if you didn't, but I figured you'd want to."

Clay blushed, "I don't have anything to cover them so I guess it doesn't really matter."

"Sure you do. Hold on," Dave said, leaving the room.

It wasn't long before he returned, a small stick of concealer in hand.

"This wasn't exactly my shade but I think it'll match you, if you want to use it."

"Oh," Clay hesitantly took it, "Thanks... Why do you have this?"

"Unimportant."

"Anyway," Clay stepped back from Dave's grasp, "I won't be gone for too long. I just thought you'd wanna know."

Dave hummed, "I appreciate it."

~~~~

"Clay!" Nick beamed, giving the other man a quick hug before letting him inside, "How's living with Techno been?"

"It's been, uh... insightful. Eventful," Clay chuckled quietly, rubbing his neck and hoping he didn't rub the makeup off; the last thing he needed was to display the array of hickeys he acquired, even if he knew Nick wouldn't care.

"I see you've had a costume change," Nick eyed his outfit, "You definitely look like you'd live with him now."

Clay quietly sighed as he plopped down onto the couch, "Yeah, I figured I was gonna wear my old stuff whenever I went out, but these honestly are pretty fun to wear, I won't lie. I guess I assumed it'd be on Techno's more extravagant side of the spectrum but there's casual stuff."

"Let's hurry up to the interesting parts," Nick waved his hand, "What's Techno like?"

"He's still not quite himself around me but he's nice. Techno becomes, like, this cool big brother figure whenever Tommy's around—it's kind of cute. You kind of forget that he's known for the championships and all those events; he acts like anybody else—well, aside from the narcissism and that kind of stuff. He's definitely nice to his servants though, one of the maids told me all about that."

"I always thought he'd be a big softie," Nick grinned, "cause he's built like a bear, y'know?" Nick suddenly gasped, "Have you hugged him?! Does he give good hugs?!"