14. | NORMALCY

"You're the only person I never get tired of."

Merely remembering the words made Clay feel giddy; he was up nice and early, groggily brushing his teeth. Dave was still in bed. Clay wanted to get up and ready before him today so he could pretty much force Dave to rest, already knowing the pig would probably try and carry on as he normally did and train—or do something of the like.

Yesterday, Clay barely even thought about the tiny mark on his hand, mostly since it vanished while they were out, but now he couldn't stop staring at it in the mirror. Sure, according to Dave it was just a conduit for magic since the whole house had something cast on it, but it felt like more to Clay. Part of him wished it would be permanent, to always have a little piece of Dave with him everywhere he went.

And to rub it in everyone else's faces that Dave wanted him and him alone.

But unfortunately, Clay still wasn't sure if they were even permanent. The thought of it made his stomach rumble, so he boxed that idea up and swore to himself to never open it again unless he absolutely had to.

Clay spat out the minty paste in his mouth into the sink, running it down with water. Clay could see Dave enter the bathroom in the mirror's reflection, yawning as he tiredly rubbed his eyes. He slunk over to Clay and wrapped his arms around the man's waist, tucking his chin into the crook of the blonde's neck.

"You're up early," Dave croaked.

Clay shivered; Dave's morning voice was even deeper and grittier than when he normally spoke.

"Morning, porkchop," Clay smiled, leaning his head against Dave's.

Clay turned and lightly touched Dave's cheek just below his eyes, frowning at the dark, blueish rings around them. It hadn't been very long since they changed their sleeping arrangements, so Clay was still hoping that Dave's eye bags would go away soon.

Dave knew what Clay was looking at and pulled his hand away, "Yeah, I know I look dead—I still need to color correct and put on my concealer. Gotta shower first though," Dave said in a yawn.

While his hog got himself cleaned up, Clay took his time picking out a nice outfit for the day. Memories of last night plagued his mind, drifting around as his eyes scanned all the different choices he had to pick from.

"Do you really mean that?" Clay asked.

"I wouldn't have said it otherwise.

"... You should drink your tea before it gets cold," Dave added after a short pause.

"Oh, right... It's really good, by the way—thank you."

The fireflies around the two men blinked patterns at one another, delicately floating through the air and dancing in the hopes of attention. Clay almost felt like they were mocking him—like they somehow knew that he'd been pining for a pig, wishing for him to like him back.

The blonde took a small sip of his tea, "I don't care how long I have to wait, Dave—for any of it. For answers to my questions, for reciprocation or even rejection."

"You could be waitin' a while, you know," Dave muttered flatly.

"I have a lot of time to kill."

Today, he decided on something not quite as dressy. Just a simple hoodie and black pants, nothing special. Clay also picked out clothes for Dave, bringing sweatpants, a long sleeve, and socks with him back to the bathroom now that he heard the water shut off.

Dave raised his brows at Clay as the blonde held out the stack of clothes to him. Clay just innocently smiled back, holding them up higher to urge the pig to take them.