12. | ALL YOURS

Clay didn't know how to respond; he didn't have any kind of made up version of Dave, did he? Dave was just... Dave.

'Are you suuure you don't like Techno? 'Cause everything you're saying he is makes him sound pretty compatible with you~.'

Clay let out a huff through his nose as his pulse elevated, the steady drum of his heart spiking ever so slightly.

"I'm asking you to be yourself and that's it. There's no glorified version of you I see, there's only what you'll let me see. So..."

Clay paused, looking down and taking a deep breath:

"So show me a you that's worth worshipping."

Dave looked genuinely surprised, his lips just barely parted and his eyebrows ever so slightly raised up.

"Please," Clay added meekly, "...I'd like to see it. I think a lot of people would."

The brute swallowed a lump in his throat and said nothing, lightly pushing Clay out of the way of the door as he looked at the blonde with guilty eyes. Clay wasn't exactly satisfied with that but thought it best not to push too hard for a direct verbal response from Dave; his silence was a step up from his usual cryptic, self-deprecating comments anyway. Clay could come back to his questions later.

"Are, uh... Tommy and Tubbo coming over again?" Clay asked, trying to steer the conversation away from the topic of Dave.

"Just Tommy today, Phil and Wilbur will be here too."

"Wilbur? He hasn't been over in a while," Clay questioned.

"Our, uh... It's difficult to get everybody together since our schedules and lives are so different."

"Oh, yeah—that makes sense..." Clay trailed off before starting again, "I'm—I'm sorry if I seem invasive with some of my questions... I'm used to people who are really open so this is a serious change from the norm. I just want to feel like I really know you and talk to you like... like Tommy or Wilbur do," he admitted, "I don't mean to put too much pressure on you, seriously."

"It's fine," Dave spoke quickly and softly, "I'll... try."

Clay's lips turned up into a tiny smile, "Trying is a good start..."

Clay bit his bottom lip and tugged Dave's head down by the front of his shirt, kissing his cheek, "Thank you."

~~~~

"So where's Dream gone?" Phil asked as he and Dave went outside, going to sit and wait for Tommy and Wilbur to arrive for the younger's training.

"It's a filmin' day."

"Ah... He's filming with George then?"

"...Yes," Dave said more coldly.

They sat down on some of the patio furniture outside, overseeing the giant, colorful garden that went on and on for ages.

Phil hummed, "I don't think he'd try anything, he'd have to be pretty stupid—plus, it'd be inappropriate to do considering that's, like, basically their work environment."

"Problem is that George is stupid," Dave uttered.

Phil laughed, "Didn't think you'd actually end up liking Dream."

"I don't like people, Phil-"

"You said the same thing about Tommy and now you treat him like a little brother. I know romance is a little different but it's not a far stretch, it's still getting attached to someone else. I know you want to be some emotionless rock, but that's not you. You spend virtually all your time with Dream now, you're bound to get attached at some point—especially having sex as much as you are."