Almost There

Marinette's POV:

"I'm so nervous for this trip, Tikki!" I squealed. My kwami giggled.

"You deserve it, Marinette! Ladybug needs some time off, too!" she responded.

"I know... it's just, I just feel bad leaving Paris behind for a couple weeks."

"I'm sure Chat Noir will be able to look over Paris while you're gone. And there is always Kaalki, the horse miraculous, if we really have to come back for an akuma." She reassured me.

Tikki always spoke so reasonably, which I need sometimes, because I can really psych myself out. I'm so grateful to have her.

"Thanks, Tikki. I needed that." She flew in towards my face and nuzzled her head on mine. I scooped her up to embrace her.

"Oh, Mari! The time!" Tikki motioned. The clock on the wall read 11:40 AM.

"11:40? I was supposed to be downstairs TEN MINUTES AGO!" I screeched. I quickly gathered my suitcases and my shoulder bag, with Tikki swiftly flying inside. I bolted down the stairs with all my belongings and nearly fell twice. "Damn these stairs!" I cursed.

I made my way past the kitchen and said a rushed goodbye to my parents. I quickly checked my phone before exiting the bakery, and to my horror, I had 4 missed calls from Alya. I lugged my bags out the door and was greeted by a couple of honks. That's Alya for you.

I turned my head to see Alya's car parked right in front of me, and she waved aggressively for me to get in. Nino was sitting shotgun, and I noticed Adrien was sitting alone in the backseat.

As I was going to put my luggage in the trunk, a tall, blonde figure emerged from the other side of the car.

"Let me help you with that, Marinette." Adrien offered warmly, then reached out to take my bags.

"O-Oh, um, thanks." I replied, and shyly handed them over to him.

He effortlessly picked them up and placed them in the trunk. When did Adrien get so strong? He must've been working out, or maybe I just hadn't noticed it before. Either way, his bulging biceps were not helping my raging crush.

Yes, it's been 4 years of high school and I am still in love with Adrien Agreste. No need to rub it in.

As Adrien shut the trunk, I went to the back door and got in the car. He entered through the other rear door shortly after.

"It's about time girl! We were about to leave without you!" Alya exclaimed.

"Oh, sorry guys. I lost track of time." I replied sheepishly.

And it was true. I was telling Tikki about how excited I was to go on this trip to Hawaii. And for two weeks nonetheless! Still, it doesn't help my reputation of always being late.

"I'm just messing with you, girl. Let's get this show on the road!"

We arrived at the airport, checked our bags, made it through security, and were finally on the plane. Alya not-so-subtly bought tickets so that she and Nino would be sitting with each other, as you could imagine, leaving me and Adrien to sit together. I had to give it to her, though, she was a diehard wingwoman for me and Adrien.

As we sat down, Adrien again offered to put my bags overhead, even though I insisted there was no need. Being the gentleman he is, Adrien carried them anyway, and I took my seat.

"You excited for this trip? I heard there's some pretty cool spots to snorkel." Adrien said, looking at me, smiling sweetly. Did he really have to look at me like that?