Poolside

Marinette's POV:

I just kissed Adrien Agreste and he kissed me back.

I figured that it was now or never, so I kissed him with my everything. I hope things wouldn't be awkward between us now. Friends didn't kiss like that. Hell, friends didn't kiss at all.

I would kill to know what was running through his mind. Could he really think that it was all just for the game? As smart as Adrien was in school, he was known for being extremely oblivious.

I tried to push away my thoughts of the kiss and pick out my bathing suit. Adrien was already in the bathroom changing, so I had some time. Shortly, Alya came strolling into my room.

"What the hell, Alya! What if I was changing?" I shrieked.

"Nothing I haven't seen before." She said casually, brushing me off. "Anyway, I have a suit I think you would like amazing in." Alya then held out a bright red bikini: a triangle top with ruffles on the bosom, and a tiny string bottom. She couldn't be serious. I would ask her if she was joking, but I already knew the answer.

"There's no way I'm wearing that. It's like floss."

"Like hell you aren't!" Alya rebutted, not actually angry. She came in closer and began to whisper. "This is the perfect thing to get Adrien to notice you. I could even tell through the camera that kiss meant something." She shoved the set in my hands, gave me a wink, and bounced out of the room.

She really did want the best for me, but she also got a lot of satisfaction from playing matchmaker. Maybe a little too much. But I wanted to make her happy, so I decided to play along. If it makes Adrien's head turn, that's just an added bonus.

I knocked on the bathroom door, and just I as did the door pulled back. I found that I was now directly in front of Adrien's bare chest and torso. I couldn't help the way my eyes lingered on his abs before suddenly darting back to his face.

"Are you checking me out?" Adrien said leaning in to my face, with a sly smile. Fuck.

"What! Of course not! I was just trying to get on top, I mean, get into the bathroom!" I said, trying to recover. I did not just say that. Way to creep him out.

His eyes grew wide, and he began to laugh. I must've look up at him like a deer in headlights, because when he saw my expression he quickly stopped.

"I'm just messing with you, Mari. Sorry if it seemed like I was laughing at you." He said sincerely.

"Oh, haha." I tried to give my best fake laugh. There was a moment of silence. "Well, um, I just have to change so..."

"It's all yours." He walked out of the bathroom, sliding past me.

I finished changing and walked out into the main room. I felt more than a little exposed, but tried to muster the most confidence I could.

"Damn, girl. You look hot." Alya exclaimed. "Doesn't she, Adrien?"

"Yeah, you look good Marinette." He responded. Was he blushing? He couldn't be.

I can't believe she actually asked him that. What else was he supposed to say? No, she looks awful actually. His answer didn't really mean anything. It was undeniably nice to hear, though.

"Thanks, guys. You're one to talk, look at you, Alya!" She really did look amazing. Her boobs were almost bursting our of her orange tie string top, and her bottom didn't leave much to the imagination either. And I was eternally jealous of her unwavering confidence.

"I second that." Nino said proudly, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Okay, okay, enough of the flattery. Let's hit the pool!" Alya exclaimed. And no one could argue with that.

We all grabbed our beach bags and made our way to the hotel adult pool. It was all so peaceful and serene. We found four chairs in a row and laid down our stuff.

I fiddled with the umbrella, trying to open it.

"Let me help you with that." Before I could even respond, Adrien was already messing with the umbrella. He hands briefly brushed against mine, and the small touch made me feel sparks. I let go of the umbrella and let him work on it.

Adrien's POV:

"Thanks, Adrien." Marinette smiled up at me. Did she have to look at me like that with those eyes?

As I was about to reply, she simply walked away and began to talk to sit down on her chair. She began putting on sunscreen. Marinette was quite pale, so it made sense that she was on top of wearing the lotion.

I also needed to try to stay out of the sun. That was one of the things my father said was crucial to anti-aging and preventing skin damage. Life as a model isn't all it's cracked up to be. Guess I would be joining Marinette under the umbrella.

I finished setting up the umbrella, and turned at the sound of a voice.

"Adrien, do you want some sunscreen?" It was as if Marinette had read my mind. I thought for a second, and figured I would have some fun with it.

"Yeah, can you put it on for me?" Shock seemed to hit her face, but whatever it was, she quickly shook it.

"Of course!" She chirped. So I sat down the on the chair, facing my back towards her so she could apply it.

Her soft hands touched my back I felt a burning sensation on my skin. Her touch seemed hesitant at first, but she slowly began to move comfortably and explore the rest of my back. It was so intense that I nearly had to ask her to stop. Her gentle, slow movements were making me suffer. I wanted to yell at her to be done. But every time she retracted her hands to get more sunscreen, I wanted her touch back on my skin. I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. Then Marinette's hands vanished.

"I think you're good." She said. I was far from it, but thanks.

"Thanks, Mari." Was the best I could manage.

"Hey Marinette, come with me to get some drinks." Alya butt in. And whatever that moment was ended.

"Sure, coming!" She yelped, promptly getting up and walking with her. "Want anything, Adrien?"

"Coconut water is fine." I replied. Father wouldn't like me getting drunk, especially during the daytime. He always said that kind of stuff was like poison. A shot or two at night couldn't hurt, but that's later.

"Got it!" And like that she was gone.

Marinette's POV:

"Hey, my name's Josh."