Nighttime Chat

Adrien's POV:

We all went back to our separate rooms to finish unpacking. Marinette was putting all her clothes away in the closet, while I laid out my things inside the drawers in the nightstand.

"I can sleep on the floor and you can take the bed." I offered. I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable.

"No, it's alright. We're both adults, we can share the bed." Marinette insisted. But I didn't know if it was the best idea for me to sleep next to her. After all, her putting on sunscreen did unforeseen things to me. How was I supposed to manage in a bed with her? I couldn't do that to Ladybug. Not that she would care. Marinette seemed to notice my hesitation, and added, "Only if you're okay with that, of course!"

But refusing the offer would make things unnecessarily awkward and it's not like I didn't want to. Any guy would be lucky to be spending a night in bed next to Marinette.

"Yeah, you're right. We can both take the bed." I said finally. She seemed relieved at my answer.

I started to pick out clothes from my suitcase for dinner. Alya said that the dress code is formal, so I decided there was no better time to wear an outfit that would make my father proud. I figured I would go for a classic look; an all black outfit, from my suit, to a black undershirt, and tie. After I finished changing I went into the connecting room where Nino and Alya were already dressed and waiting.

Alya was wearing a yellow, floor-length dress that stood out against her skin tone, emphasizing her tan. Nino was wearing a navy blue suit, with a white undershirt and yellow tie to match. He actually cleaned up pretty nice, for how casual he always was. They truly looked good together.

I took a seat with them on the couch, as we all waited for Marinette.

"We don't have all day, girl!" Alya called out.

"Coming! Sorry to make you guys wait..." Marinette yelled back. Soon after, she emerged from the doorway.

Marinette was dressed in a silky, long maroon dress that hugged her curves perfectly. There was a dainty amount of lace along her chest, with v-shaped neckline, causing it to be the focal-point of an otherwise simple dress. She had a small black shawl draped off of her shoulders, which couldn't actually be practical for providing any warmth with how little it covered. With every step she took, the dress slightly swayed from side to side, and I couldn't help but watch the way her hips shifted as she approached. My face felt so hot, I could only assume my blush was was as deep as the shade she was wearing. Marinette's gaze caught mine, and she too seemed to turn red.

Dinner itself was mostly lackluster, with overpriced seafood that was average at best. Or maybe my palette is just spoiled from what I had been served at home. Either way, I couldn't wait to get back to our room, because that meant the sooner I could see Marinette as Chat. There was so much to talk about.

Once we finally arrived back at our rooms, everyone seemed pretty exhausted as Alya and Nino said their goodnights and went off to their bedroom. I had to make up some kind of excuse for Marinette so I could slip away as Adrien to transform.

"I think I'm gonna go for a late night beach walk." I said to her as we entered the bedroom. Marinette was taking off her black strappy heels, and let herself fall back onto the bed.

"Okay, don't stay out for too long." Was all she replied. Huh, that was easy. See you soon, Purrincess.

Marinette's POV:

Adrien left, leaving me in the bedroom alone. I decided to start my night time routine and change into my pajamas to get ready for bed. I slipped on a black tank with a neon green trim with my matching flowy shorts. I liked to think of it as my "Chat Noir" set. I wonder what that silly cat was doing right now.