The Morning After

Adrien's POV:

The next morning it was as if last night never happened.

I woke up to a glaringly empty king bed, my arm which rested underneath her head just hours earlier still sprawled out onto her side pathetically.

I begrudgingly rubbed my eyes as I used any energy I could muster to lift myself to lean on the headboard. I looked up through our open bedroom door to see Marinette and Alya speaking in mumbled whispers by the kitchen counter, as Marinette prepared herself a cup of coffee. On the couch, Nino was changing channels on the television and finally settled on a football game.

So it turns out I was the last one up. It figures, though, since I had always been a late sleeper--if not for modeling, I could probably manage to wake up in the afternoon everyday. Damn, what time was it anyway...

"It's already 10:30?" I stated surprised, check my phone. If you asked me it felt like 7:00 AM. Apparently I had said it out loud because all three of them turned to look at me. Marinette giggled softly, which briefly struck something in my chest.

"Look who woke up! We've been waiting like, forever, bro." Nino said, lightly teasing me.

"Now that you're up, we can finally talk about today's itinerary!" Alya chirped, maybe a little too excited.

"Sorry, guys." I laughed sheepishly, "I didn't mean to hold up the group."

"We forgive you, pretty boy." Alya said, sarcastically rolling her eyes. "Now, let's talk about the plan for today." This seemed to interest Marinette, who remained silent.

"Me and Nino had a couple's massage planned, but I'm feeling a little under the weather" Alya coughed between breaths. "So... I was thinking you two could take our place!" Alya finished, gesturing towards an uncomfortable Marinette and myself. She was quick to rebuttal.

"But, surely they'll let you reschedule or give you your money back, right?" She responded, clearly desperate to get out of this situation.

"Nope. Believe me, I checked. You have to cancel within 24 hours or it's non-refundable. It'll be a waste if the two of you don't go." She explained, pleading us with her eyes. The sound of a free massage didn't sound so bad, especially since I felt so on edge recently. I didn't know what exactly the "couples" part entailed, though. With everything going on between her and I right now, who knows how that would go.

Marinette's POV:

I couldn't believe Alya. She was anything but subtle in her attempt to bring the two of us together. I begged her not to make us go, but she insisted, and I knew it would be impossible for me to stop her.

"So... uh, when is the massage?" I asked in defeat, holding my hand to my forehead in an attempt to cover my embarrassment.

"An hour, so get ready you two!" Alya replied, grinned like a crazy women. Of course, the victim didn't look sick whatsoever. She shooed us away to our room and made her way over to the couch to cuddle with Nino, who I saw laughing quietly out of the corner of my eye. Great.

As I entered the room last, I gently closed the door behind me. I began to speak,

"We really don't have to go if you're not comfortable..." It wasn't like Adrien asked for any of this, and if anything he was probably revolted by the idea of doing a couple's massage with me since we were far from it.

"It's okay, Mari. I don't mind." He turned to face me from across the room, shooting me a reassuring smile. "Unless you don't want to, of course." He added after.

"I guess it would be a waste not to go." I laughed awkwardly.

"It's settled then, we'll leave in 30." Adrien stated definitively.

"Okay." I responded, sending him a small smile in return.

Adrien's POV:

As I exited the bathroom changed into my robe, I found Marinette simultaneously exiting the women's locker room. Her hair was tied up into a high messy bun, and her fringe fell over her face perfectly. The robe was much too big for her, indicated clearly by the way it nearly touched the floor as she tried to walk, and how she had attempted to cinch the waist. She made eye contact with me a shot me a shy smile. Adorable.

"So, you ready for this?" I asked.

"Ready as I can be." She responded, looking up at me. To be honest, I was a little nervous myself for whatever was in store for us.

We followed a specialist into a large, dimly lit room which practically screamed newly weds.

"Romantic." I whispered, amused, which caused Marinette to let out a giggle about the absurdity of our situation. We looked at each other for a moment before I looked away to scan what this room had to offer.

There were countless candles spread out across the room, effectively setting the mood. There was a table with what looked like lotion, body oil, and other tools I could only assume were used to... well, massage. It was a good set up for sure, looking as if no expenses were spared.

Then my eyes fell upon the massage bed. Wait... why was there only one massage bed?

"So, is there a second massage bed we should be getting?" I asked as composed as possible while attempting not to let my anxiousness seep into my words to little avail.

"Actually, with our couple's massage package, you two massage one another, making it that much more intimate." The lady responded, politely. "I'll leave you to it." And before I could utter another word, she exited the room and the door shut with a click. I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, my body facing Marinette while I looked down to the floor, unsure of how to proceed.

"If I had known that there was only gonna be one massage bed I would've..."

Marinette's POV:

"Would've what?" I prodded, unable to resist my curiosity.

"I wouldn't have done this."Ouch. After the fluke last night he was distancing himself, and I was certain he didn't want me rubbing oil all over him right now.

"Oh..." I said, left speechless. He soon began to backtrack after seeing my dejected reaction.

"I mean, I don't mean that I wouldn't because I wouldn't want you to do it, it's just--" He signed, attempting to explain himself. "I assume you aren't comfortable with all of this, and I would never do this if you aren't okay with it."

Wow, I did not expect him to say that. I was flattered, but more so amazed how with each passing moment, Adrien Agreste proved he was truly a gentlemen. I couldn't help the red that filled my cheeks at the thought that he was concerned about how I felt.

"I'm okay with it, I promise." I replied smiling, hoping to reassure him. Adrien finally broke eye contact, walking around the table.

"In that case... which one of us should go first?"