ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 7 ◇ 𝘼𝙢 𝙄 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙃𝙞𝙢?

𝘾𝙡𝙖𝙮'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

I woke up and the first thing I thought about was my head spinning with thoughts last night. My head ached terribly. I sighed and turned around to face my alarm clock.

7:45am?! Shit- I have school in 15 minutes!

I shot out of bed then immediately sat back on it feeling a sharp pain in my head. My mom called upstairs wondering why I hadn't gotten up yet.

"Clay, you're going to be late for school if you don't hurry up!" She slowly opened my bedroom door.

"I think I have a migraine." I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked, knowing I could be attempting to get out of school for the day.

"Yesss...I promise."

"Well I suppose you don't look too well. Usually when I get migraines, it's because I'm stressed. Is anything bothering you?"

I immediately thought about George and how I was panicking over whether I liked him or not.

Should I tell her? But what if she doesn't accept me?

"Uh, nope!" I hoped I made it sound believable enough.

"Well...alright I'll let you stay off. Make sure to get plenty of rest! I just need to call the school and tell them you'll be absent today."

And with that, she left the room.

𝙂𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

I was just about to leave for school until I got a text from Clay. I opened the message and read through it.

He wasn't going to be at school today...

I quickly texted him back saying I understood and hoped he felt better tomorrow. I sighed realizing I had no one to walk with today, it was going to be strange without Clay there.

-

I was now eating lunch with everyone else. It was a nice sunny day so we decided to sit outside underneath one of the large trees that were dotted around. I also noticed that Alex, Karl and Sapnap had been acting rather suspiciously lately. They seemed extremely close with one another but I didn't want to jump to conclusions. They'll tell us eventually if something is going on anyways. My mind wandered to the party and truth or dare.

Am I really falling for him?

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

George thought about the fact that even if he did build up the courage to confess his feelings to Clay, there was always that fear of rejection. That fear of ruining a perfectly good friendship. What are the chances? If you like someone, then what are the chances of them liking you back? Heck, what if they don't really care about you at all? These questions flooded George's mind, the constant fear of discomfort arising after declined confessions. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a voice from beside him.

𝙂𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

"George, are you okay?" Wilbur asked.

AI quickly snapped out of my thoughts.

"Yeah...I'm fine!"

"Oh, well you just looked stressed, that was all."

"I am kind of but it's just homework that I need to finish tonight! Nothing major." I lied.

I don't want to push my worries onto anyone.

-

I was now in Science class, the last lesson of the day. I was still daydreaming until Miss Puffy asked me a question.

"George, can you repeat what I've just told the class?"

"Uh...something about the periodic table?"

"We're doing Physics, that has nothing to do with this lesson. Please pay more attention next time. Although, the day is over now, class is dismissed."

I sighed and put my things away in my bag.

"Hold on George, I'd like to borrow you for a minute."

I stayed put in my seat, waiting for everyone else to leave. A few students glanced at me, snickering slightly before they left.

"Now, is there a reason you weren't paying attention today?" Miss Puffy asked.

"Well, I guess."

"Look, if you feel comfortable enough to tell me what's going on, I'm happy to help." She smiled.

I felt comforted, Miss Puffy was one of the nicer teachers. At least she actually cared about her students' mental health. If it was another teacher, I'd be physically shaking at this stage.

"I'm just worried about something. I think I like someone, but I don't know if that person likes me back. I'm afraid I'll ruin everything and they won't be my friend again. And I'm afraid to ask for help because it feels like I'm dumping my problems onto people. Sorry..."

"Don't worry I'm fine with listening to your problems, it's all part of my job! Well, I'd advise you to tell them when you're ready. Don't worry about what happens if they reject you, if they really are your friend, then they wouldn't just leave you for that. Hey, it might be a little awkward but eventually, you would get over it! And please don't be afraid to talk to people, it's not wrong to explain your problems to people. It's actually much healthier to let it all out instead of bottling your feelings up inside."

"Thank you Miss Puffy, I'll make sure to take your advice." I smiled.

"You're welcome! Don't be afraid to come and talk to me if anything else is bothering you, or you could even talk about it to others you're close to."

"I will!" And with that, I left.

Maybe I will tell Clay about my feelings soon. But...not just yet. There's some sort of school dance coming up to celebrate 40 years of a successful school or whatever. So maybe I can ask him there!

•○●~☆♡☆~●○•

This is sort of just a filler chapter to set more of the story because I'm eager to get onto the romance.

898 Words

 ♡