Six Months Later

After that night i left the company never and looked back, sometimes unwillingly your heart becomes so hardened that you don't want to introspect on you decision i was walking alone and few meters away people had gathered as an accident has just happened, the ambulance was approaching people made the space and they lifted the body, as the head moved i saw the eyes, the same eyes i had left six months ago in tears, my heart gave in i ran after the ambulance what on earth had happened the hospital was not far and soon i too reached she was being taken into ICU and the hospital staff was looking for family members  i waited for few minutes then i decided to call Mr Niel as it rang the computer generated reply was the number does not exist.  With no options left i went to the staff and told them i will pay the expenses.

Doctor, "so who are you"

Me, "just like a family member"

Doctor, "she is in bad state we need a signature from the family member before we can operate"

Me," i will sign."

Doctor, "good then here are the papers"

I signed the documents, put in my name and my social security code and ticked every column in hurry, outside the operation theatre i was moving to and fro anxiously, every nurse that came i was asking about her health after two hours the operation was over, the doctors congratulated me saying she was out of danger, i thanked the God and entered the room she was lying unconscious so i decided to wait till anyone from her family side arrive, so i sat on the sofa but soon the sleep took over it was middle of the night the nurse entered and asked me to get some medicine and clothes for her as far as medicine was concerned it was easy but clothes i had no idea but keeping her face in mind i choose a top and pyjamas while changing the nurse laughed with a complain that i did not knew about my woman's size, it was only the time in that entire night that made me to forget some harsh realities of life.

Early in the morning i heard the Muslim call of prayer i may not have been a religious man but today i too needed a shoulder i walked towards it and saw a old man outside who was preparing himself for prayer i did not entered the mosque and stayed outside on the bench with my eyes fixed on that dome hoping something good may happen after the prayer was over the same old man sat next to me.

Old man, "son! May i ask why are you feeling so low"

Me, "i can't say exactly, maybe there is a sense of guilt in my heart"

Old man, "if you have a sense of guilt son that mean you know the reason of your pain"

For a while i kept looking g at that old man with a white beard and a face that still had retained the sense of innocence and i replied that sometimes there are no real answers

Old man, "i have lived enough son, there is always an answer but sometimes you fear too much about the consequences"  

Me, "that is true, sir"

"Son if you feel comfortable you can share i may have been through some rough patches as well" the old man said.

Me, "i am praying for someone's health"

Old man, "is he/she a family or acquaintance"

Me, "just an acquaintance now"

Old man, "your now has more questions than answers"

Me, "what can i say, her father wanted me to marry her but i thought that was unfair for she was much younger than me and i love someone else'

Old man looked at me for a while and put his hand on my head, "you seem to be a genuine person i don't like to interfere in someone's life but...."

"But what uncle "i remarked.