Truth

A\N : I have some written up chapters (this is one) I have a lot of school work to catch up on since I've been sick but I am still updating when !!

3 week later

It's been a non busy day at work so far. It's almost around lunch time and Lily and I have done nothing but stock up the store with new shipments. "So is your boy coming by today?" Lily asked, opening a new box full of records.

"Maybe. He couldn't come yesterday because he told me his whole day was full of nothing but meetings." I said, breaking down the boxes so they could easily be thrown away.

"You guys' friendship is so awkward." Lily admits.

I shake my head knowing she is right, "Yeah, but he's a really sweet guy and we have so many things in common."

"I'm listening." Lily stands up, crossing her arms over her chest.

As soon as I was about to say something the bell chimes and my head turns to look and I see Austin walking in with a bag in his hand. "What kind of conversation did I walk in on?" He asked, coming up to me.

"Not a serious one, we were just talking." I laugh and Lily is turning her head away from me. 

"Are you on break?" He asked, handing me the bag.

"I can take one." I look over at lily.

"You can go, it's really slow today anyways." She shooed me away.

I nod and look back up at Austin, "Well in that case I'm gonna steal her and have her back in time."

"Fine by me." She says when Austin pulled the door open for me.

We walked out to his Range Rover together and he hooked his phone up to his bluetooth before backing out of the parking lot. "So why'd you really steal me?" I asked.

"Because I wanted to give you that." He points down at the bag in my lap with one hand while the other is on the steering wheel, "If you were busy I would've left it with you but now you get to open it with me."

I grin, "Should I open it now?" I asked.

He nods. I open the paper brown bag and pull out a book. What We Talk About When We Talk About Love.

I look over at Austin to see a smirk on his face, "Wow." I said, "Strange title, but you got this for me?" I asked.

"Yes I did. It made me think about you so I bought it."

I'm basically gawking at the cover title. I can't wait to read this when I get some free time.

"Thank you," I slipped the book back into the brown bag.

Once I've noticed we've stopped I look out of the window to see we're parked in a spot with an ocean view. "It's not a problem," He smiled, reaching in the back while still looking at me and that action alone sent butterflies in my stomach.

"I got us something to eat, It's your favorite." He pulls a black sealed bowl and plastic forks.

I put my hand over my chest, "Aww Austin you didn't have to."

"I wanted to make up for yesterday since I was in so many meetings yesterday." He pulls my hand from his chest and holds them in place.

I shake my head, "Don't apologize for that. I understand how much of a busy man you are."

"I think it's only right for you to actually know what I'm doing." He says opening the container, revealing the fresh shrimp alfredo.

"You're finally gonna tell me." I open my fork.