Just a drive

(P.s. Anything off Lana's new album goes with this chapter)

Tara

Something about the way Austin held me earlier left me with a nagging feeling. I just can't help but wonder about what happened between this morning and his meeting.

We're sitting together cuddled on my couch while watching some random tv show that was on the scroll.

"Hey," I traced my finger in circles on his thigh, he hummed "Can I ask you a question?"

He turned his attention to me, his face only inches apart from mine, "Anything."

I looked away from him and faced the tv "Did anything happen today after you left me?" I asked.

His body tensed, "What do you mean?" He asked, still staring at the tv.

"Austin, you've been acting off ever since." I said, grabbing his jaw to look at me.

His eyes flashed with many emotions going through them but all he did was stay silent, enough to let me know something in fact did happen today.

"Let's go for a drive." He patted my leg and stood up, grabbing his keys off the counter.

"Where are we going?" I stood up, slipping on a pair of my shoes by the couch and he opened the door for me and walked out behind me, shutting the door after him.

"Just a drive." He walked ahead of me and unlocked his car, opening my door for me.

I nodded and he walked around to his side and started up the engine.

We were driving in silence for about five minutes until I spoke up, "So are you gonna tell me?" I asked, fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

"When we get there." He says keeping his eyes on the road.

I scoffed and his hand shot out around my wrist and made his way to slide his fingers into my palm. I stared at him but his jaw was hard and eyes trained on the road.

About thirty minutes later we were riding by water and he pulled over and found a secluded spot.

He got out and led me out of the car and walked down a staircase that led to the ocean. "Austin." I stopped following him and he kept walking.

"Austin!" I yelled and he turned around and started back walking towards me, the sun giving him a glow that made his blue eyes turn into a beautiful color.

"I have to do a PR stunt with my cast member." He stands there with his hands by his side and I watch him intently.

I really don't know what to say, "is that a good or a bad thing?" I asked.

"When you don't really wanna do it then I guess it's not ideal." He said.

I nodded and walked closer to him out of the dark and into the light. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands wrapped around my wrist, "What's the big deal why don't you want to do it?"

"Because, it's not what I want," he said while his thumb stroked my wrist.

"What do you want?" I whispered as the waves crashed onto the shore, "Austin?"

"You." He broke his train of thoughts.

My mouth went dry and immediately I attempted to back away from him but his grip on my wrist tightened.

"Austin—,"

"I know what you're thinking I couldn't possibly like you but I do, you're an amazing person Tara." He stroked my wrist in his grip.