Safe travels

Tara

Would I miss this? Of course I would, who wouldn't.

I want to stay curled in the person I love the most and never want them to leave.

"Are you going to miss me while you're gone?" I asked, feeling a little vulnerable and insecure.

"You know I will and would, baby. I wish you would be by my side everyday after a long hard day of acting." He whispers in my ear and moves hair behind my ear.

I laughed in his neck, "That was a nice fantasy but unfortunately that won't happen for us right now."

"I know," He rubbed my back up and down.

"What time is your flight?" I sighed at the thought of him leaving for three months when I couldn't even deal with a week and a half maybe,

"Tonight at eight. I'm already packed. My suitcase is in my car. I was gonna call an uber and leave my car here with you, Is that okay?" He asked with a worried look on his face.

I nervously tucked in my lip and started biting it, "I mean it's fine I'll drive it around and make sure the tires won't go flat or anything but that's about it?"

"I can read you, no one really knows about that car, plus it has a super dark tint on its windows so you're okay." He reassures me.

I nod, "I just don't want to intervene with you and Olivia and the tabloids. I want to stay out of the public eye as much as I can."

It's truly embarrassing how it took him to start a fake relationship with his co-star for me to confess my real feelings. I don't want him to leave, I just want to make up with him.

"You won't and you won't be in the public eye as long as we play our cards right ." He kisses me and I relax into the kiss and give him the satisfaction of complying with him.

"I hope not." I whisper against his lips before going back in.

"I'm going to miss you so much."

"Me too."

We take the rest of the day and relax that entire day with whispering sweet nothings to each other and telling the other how much we don't want them to go or leave. Most of all how much we really love each other.

"I don't want to leave you for this long, Tara." He holds me tight while I cling to him like some kind of animal.

A tear slips down too fast for me to catch and before I know it, it avoids hitting his shirt and falls onto the side of his neck instead.

"Don't cry because you're going to make me cry, please don't cry, baby."

I attempt to hold my composure for about a minute until his smell and the touch of him make my walls come crumbling down. "This is going to be the longest three months of my life."

"I know, baby," He shushes me and sways with me lightly on the couch. "Think about it when I'm back, you and I can finally be together, paperwork won't be getting in our way."

Ugly sobs rip through me as I try to calm down from the thought of him leaving. "Are you sure? A lot can happen in these past three months."

"Hey," He pulls my face from his neck and holds my head in place to look at him. "I swear on everything that nothing will change between now and then I can promise that to you right now."

I nod, "But you will be seventeen hours ahead of me. We will hardly have time to talk to each other."

"We'll find it, it may not be every day but I promise we'll find it, okay?" He continues to reassure me and comfort me.