16 | the girl you love

"she did not," liz mouth dropped.

"bro yes hasson literally told me she loved me!" i exclaimed.

"ugh i cant stand bitches like that. only said that to get your damn attention," marg rolled her eyes.

"so you think she was lying?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"no but i don't think she would've said it if you weren't ignoring her," margie told me.

"true," i shrugged. "well it doesn't even matter."

"so you're telling me billie wasn't mad at all?" liz squinted.

"no she was pretty upset but kept denying it," i shrugged. "i honestly think that shows growth. in the past, she probably would've threw my fucking phone or something."

"that's true," margie chuckled.

"i don't know guys," liz said as she ate a chip. "that doesn't seem suspicious? like she didn't even wanna see the rest? she didn't ask for any context after seeing it?"

"i'm sure she was just too hurt to even wanna talk about it anymore," i squinted. "what are you trying to imply?" i asked, kind of getting annoyed.

"don't get upset with me," she furrowed her eyebrows. "i'm just trying to look at all perspectives here."

"okay so what are you saying?" i asked again, with an attitude.

liz looked so confused. "why are you upset with me-"

i rose my voice. "because it sounds like you're trying to accuse bil-"

"i'm not trying to accuse her of anything leilani!" she exclaimed. "i said nothing that seemed accusatory."

"sure seemed like it," i rolled my eyes.

"maybe that's because you don't fucking trust her ass," she shrugged. "and that shit right there is not my fault," she said as she walked out of her place.

i looked at margie who's eyes were kinda wide.

"the fuck just happened?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"i- i have no idea," she shook her head.

"bro ughhhh what the fuck," i groaned. "you see what i was saying though right?"

"i saw what both of you were saying to be honest lei," she said with a smirk as if she's trying not to laugh.

"what's so funny?" i asked in genuine confusion.

"nothing," she started to walk away.

"margie forreal."

"it's just that this situation seems very familiar," she chuckled as she walked away.

what?

"whatever, i'm going to billie's."

-

"why can't we listen to your music?" i chuckled as i kept blasting wish you were gay on the speaker in billie's place.

"because i hear that shit all the time," she playfully groaned. "play something else. play the neighborhood. they're pretty good," she shrugged.

"fine i might play them after a couple more songs of yours," i teased.

"i truly despise you sometimes," b joked.

"i know," i grinned.

"ugh why the fuck is our food not here yet?" she whined. "i'm starving."

"well at least we might get it for free," i shrugged as i poured us two glasses of wine.