25 | the phone call

a month later..

                                leilani's pov:

"i can be a little late to rehearsal it's literally not an issue-"

"billie," i cut her off. "no ma'am. the first show is literally in 2 days."

"ugh lani-"

"nope," i shook my head.

"but i told you i'd never let you go alone-"

"billie i am a big girl," i nodded my head. "you do not need to be late to tour rehearsal. go."

"but-"

"baby it's not even a treatment today. it's just a examination to see my progress since i've done a lot of cycles," i shrugged.

"i still wanna-"

"bye billie," i waved as i pushed her out of my apartment.

"you better text me," she said.

"i might," i teased. "thanks for the starbucks!" i exclaimed before closing the door in her face.

walking to my room, i stopped at the mirror and looked at my appearance. i sighed as i noticed my weight loss from being sick.

but to try and hype myself up, i took a mirror pic and posted it on my story. i then got dressed and headed to my appointment.

"no billie today?" the receptionist asked me as i checked in.

"no not today," i sighed. "she has things to do."

while sitting in the waiting room, my instagram dms started blowing up. when i checked them, it was basically the same thing over and over again.

"omg you look smaller."

"did you lose weight?"

"you look ill"

"are you okay?"

"ya know, an unhappy relationship can cause weight loss"

like what???

i sighed and deleted the photo from my insta story. i then laid my head back and closed my eyes.

"leilani rose," the nurse came out and called.

i stood up, grabbed my purse and followed her to the room. i sat on the chair thing and waited for the doctor.

the doc soon came in and i did all these damn imaging tests like x-rays, blood tests, etc. after awhile, i left and got in my car.

i decided to stop by and surprise billie at her rehearsal for her first show in LA. i drove out to the stadium and entered the gates, after getting through her security.

after greeting her mom and everyone, i walked in the main stage/ floor area while she was practicing billie's bossa nova.

however, she didn't notice me because she was too busy giving directions about how she wanted the jumbo screen.

i walked up to one of her tech guys and said "turn off her mic and give me one," i smirked, feeling playful.

he laughed, already knowing what i had in mind. he gave me a mic and turned it on. he then turned hers off without her knowing.

the intro for billie's bossa nova came on and i started singing. now, am i singer?? hell no. but it'll still be funny.

"love when it comes without a warning," i sang. "cause waiting for it gets so boring," i giggled.