crash

i never thought i would be doing this in my life.

currently i'm in the airport checking in my bags through security. my mind running around in circles.

i had just run away from home, leaving my parents and so called "friends" behind. to sum it up my life is a horrible mess. my parents never stopped arguing and are definitely on their last straws with each other, they are probably gonna get divorced soon.

>𝙵𝙻𝙰𝚂𝙷𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺<

my jukebox was playing some songs to block out the noise of my parents arguing for at least the 10th time today. i was breaking down on my bed, crying into my pillow, wishing it would all stop. i became so angry that i picked up my backpack and packed some clothes and all my necessities. the only thing i was missing was money. i was struggling to think about where i would find any, but then and idea came to me. i crept into my parents bedroom and found my dads wallet beside the bed. i carefully pulled out all the $100 bills he had inside  it and left. i climbed out of my bedroom window and walked across the roof. i counted to 3 before jumping off, but surprisingly the landing wasn't bad. the airport was a 30 minute walk from my house but i was desperate to leave to go anywhere. just as long as i was out of my house.

>𝙵𝙻𝙰𝚂𝙷𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺 𝙴𝙽𝙳<

i sigh thinking if what i have done is right, but i shake it off and refocus my attention on the bag checker.

my bags got the pass check and i made my way towards the lounge areas. i looked down at my boarding pass and saw that it was gate c i needed to get to, luckily it was quite close to me. as i was approaching i saw a large group of around 25 boys all varying in ages but all wearing the same clothing. more specifically a blue and red uniform, some had medals attached on their suits.

a few turn their heads to look at me as i get closer, many turning to whisper to their friends. one in particular that caught my eye was a boy probably around my age with golden locks and bright blue eyes. he turns and winks at me, i simply roll my eyes and look away. i notice that it's just me and them and i hoped it wasn't like that for the whole flight.

"please let somebody else come" i prayed to myself.

i sat in one of the chairs and pulled out my book "the great gatsby". as i was reading i felt a presence come near me. "whatcha reading princess" i look up to see that it's the boy that winked at me earlier. i quickly hide the book behind my back and pretend i wasn't doing anything. "i'm not reading anything" i reply avoiding eye contact. "you're cute when you lie" he says, raising his eyebrows at me.

i feel my cheeks turning a light shade of pink but force myself to stop feeling like that. "i'm jack by the way" he says, rather smugly, taking my hand and kissing the top of it "jack merridew". i can't help but admire his captivating eyes that could draw and hypnotise anyone.  we were keeping eye contact until a voice calls over to us "come on jack, we're boarding now"

jack turns to walk away, but then stops and looks back at me. "the great gatsby, it's a good book. hate to spoil it, but it was all a dream" he says, feeling rather proud of himself, and i wasn't going to let him have the victory. "actually" i say as he turns back "it was all a lie"
he looks me up and down and then smirks making his way over to his friends who pat him on the back.

i wait a couple minutes before making my way on board which was probably a bad idea because as soon as i stepped on the plane all eyes were on me. i looked down at my ticket and took notice of the number of my seat. as i made my way down the aisles all the boys were staring at me, some laughing too. i eventually found my seat and it wasn't close to merridew and his friends which i felt relieved about.

the boy who was sitting in the seat beside mine was around 12 years old. he had curly brown hair and astonishing blue eyes. he looked up at me and gave me a slight smile before going back to his drawing pad.

"hi, i'm riley" i introduced myself with a kind smile. "i'm simon. it's a pleasure to meet you riley" he replied, his voice having such a soft tone. i took in to admire his amazing artwork. he was drawing a beautiful oak tree filled with leaves on what looked like to be a warm summers day. "simon, you're very talented. that picture is beautiful" i say, making him smile. "thank you riley. i was deciding wether to draw a tree in summer or fall, but then i figured that summer brings joy and life so i should draw a summer oak tree" this boy was so intelligent at such a young age, and his way of speech was that of a grown man. "i agree simon, summer is a great season"

just as i finished talking i heard the plane getting ready to take off. i wasn't much of a fan of flying so i decided to take a nap to pass the time. "this is gonna be a long 5 hours" i thought before closing my eyes to sleep.

a few hours later i woke up to a huge thud.

some of the little boys screamed and i'm pretty sure one started crying. the seatbelt sign went on but i think everyone was too concerned to even think about that.

the plane then shakes vigorously and then begins to sway side to side. the captain tries giving a message out, telling everyone to be calm but i was far from calm. then the plane started moving downward. the older boys stood up and pushed open the emergency exit doors. "cadets, everyone needs to put their life jackets on and jump out one of the exits now" says one of the older boys who has dark brown hair and matching eyes to go with it. he runs to the back of the plane to help some little ones off first. one by one each boy jumped out the plane. "simon let's go" i say to him, struggling to walk straight as the plane is moving to fast.

thats when my eyes meet with merridews again but i don't have enough time to look because next thing i know, simon is grabbing my hand and jumping out the plane with me. i scream as i descend and eventually hit the water.

𝟷𝟷𝟼𝟶 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜
𝙰/𝙽 ~ 𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜, 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 🤭