epilogue - part 2

(hey guys, i'm back after all these years and boy has this book grown! ive had a reader reach out to me about writing about jack and rileys future so here it is!!)

*14 years later*

its been 14 years since the island, and i still remember everything so vividly. not a day goes by where i don't think about the time where i saw two of my closest friends get killed right before my eyes. every year since the funeral, i have visited their graves and left flowers or small memoirs to pay my respects.

i haven't kept in contact with many of the boys, as i still felt like i couldn't forgive them all after what happened. from what i had heard from jack, many of them had started in the armed forces due to attending the military school and were getting on well in their lives.

ralph and i have stayed close since we left the island. ralph had grown into a kind, handsome man who had a noble attitude, always willing to help out. we did have a small blip when we were 18, as ralph admitted that he still had feelings for me. i simply had to tell him that it just wouldn't work and since then we have been ok, and he has accepted the feelings i have for jack.

i never thought that i would've met the love of my life on an island that we just happened to crash land on, but i did. jack still has the cheeky smirk like he did in his teen years, yet he had become so mature and striking.

when we were both 24 we got married. all of our families attended and a select few boys from the island. it was so magical getting to marry my best friend. especially on the beach that we shared our commitment for each other on.

shortly after the wedding, just after our honeymoon, i started to experience some morning sickness. i didn't think anything of it at first, until it hit me that i was late.
when jack was out with a few of his friends, i ran to the store to pick up a pregnancy test. as soon as i got home i took the test and after a few minutes, two blue lines showed up. i was pregnant.

9 months later, i gave birth to a beautiful set of triplets which shocked me and jack at first. however when we saw their faces we instantly fell in love.

we had two boys and one girl. our eldest being elijah ralph merridew, then jacob simon merridew and finally lucia mae merridew. they were the lights of our lives and despite it being a challenge to raise them, we couldn't have been more happier.

so now we're all living a happy life, remembering and cherishing every special moment we have together, and the many more to come.

(ahh hey guys. it's been a pleasure writing this futuristic chapter for the book. i know it's short but i want you guys to use your imaginations to view these characters and what their life has turned out to be like. it's been so long since this book has been finished and honestly it's so embarrassing to read it over now that i'm older. thank you so much for the support and votes and i'm so happy that you all enjoyed it. 💖💖)