divided

the next morning the hunters went out again, like usual, but this time to watch the fire whilst me, ralph and some of the others stayed back to gather food and water.

me, ralph, piggy, peter and two others were carrying coconuts filled with water back to camp. me and ralph had not spoken to each other since last night so it was a bit awkward. piggy then decided to speak up.

"i've been thinking about a clock. we could make a clock" he says "yeah, sure, piggy. then a tv" ralph responds "no really, we could make a sundial with a stick in the ground"

just then i hear a loud sound coming from somewhere faraway "what's that noise?" as it gets nearer everyone else stops and soon enough we see that it's a plane. we begin frantically jumping and shouting to get their attention but as expected they just kept flying. i didn't even notice that ralph wasn't beside the group anymore, he must have run up to the fire where the others would have been. a few minutes later all the hunters emerged from the forest, carrying a pig, i stared at them all confused.

"aren't you guys supposed to be watching the fire?" i asked. jack came up to me and kissed my cheek before saying "we decided to go hunt instead, it can go without watching for a few hours and look at the pig we got, it's nice isn't it" just then i felt my stomach drop. we could have been rescued. we could have gotten off of this island. jack can obviously tell that somethings wrong by the look on my face, he then asks me what's wrong "there was a plane jack" he looks down guiltily, just as i finish, ralph comes storming back and confronts jack

"if you guys hadn't let the fire go out, they would have seen it" he says angrily
"hey man we were hunting"
"great killed a pig, face it jack you fucked up, we could have been rescued"
"back off man" jack defends as he pushes ralph "i'm sick of your shit and so's my gang" i pulled another confused expression as jack says that. what did he mean by "his gang"?

"your gang, what's that supposed to mean?" ralph says
"it means that if you know what's good for you, you'll stop trying to run everything"

jack then pushes ralph again and they start fighting, throwing hits at one another "guys stop!" i demand but they don't listen. piggy then goes in the middle of them to try and stop them yelling a "stop it" before being pushed to the ground by jack.

"i'm sick of this, i'm gonna make a camp for hunters and guys who wanna have fun" a few cheers can be heard from some of the boys as i shake my head "come on that's crazy, we've gotta work together. come on what do you say?" ralph tries to reason but jacks having none of it.

"i say fuck you. and that goes to you too miss piggy. come on let's get out of this kindergarten" he then walks towards me and takes my hand but i remove it from his and he looks shocked at my sudden action "come on riley, you don't wanna stay here with them" jack gets close to me, looking into my eyes and i almost give in but stand my ground "no jack. i'm not leaving" "don't disobey jack, princess" roger gives me a look which scares the hell out of me "she can decide what she does on her own" ralph says, coming to stand beside me, almost protecting me. jack gets up and close to ralph "you won't get away with this" he then turns to me "i'll come back for you princess, i swear"

he then turns and runs to join the others, turning back one time to look at me. they then all disappear out of site. i can't believe that's them gone. most of the older boys, some of the little 'uns but most importantly jack. a tear rolls down my cheek "are you alright?" piggy als me placing a hand on my shoulder "yeah i'm fine" i reply before turning and walking back to my shelter. when i got there i just let all of my emotions out. i kept on crying  and couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened. just then i heard little footsteps outside the shelter "miss riley?" a little voice said from outside, i immediately recognised it to be peter "come in peter" i wiped the few remaining tears from my face and put on a smile.

he walked in and opened his arms and i gratefully accepted his hug. i didn't realise how much that hug meant to me until he squeezed me tightly "don't cry, it's going to be ok" peter saying that made me wanna cry more. i gently placed a small kiss on his head "thank you peter, that's very kind of you" "let's go outside and sit with the others around the fire" he pleads and i agree and walk out. the others look at me as i take my seat and i give them a reassuring smile. we all just chilled for the rest of the night and told some stories, but as we were there, i couldn't help but think of jack was missing me as much as i was missing him.

JACKS POV

as soon as me and the boys left the others i couldn't get riley out of my head. why did she want to stay there? did she not like me anymore? my head was going crazy, it felt like my heart was breaking in two. after we set up our camp we all say around a small fire we made. i was sitting beside roger staring into the fire, he nudged my shoulder "you alright man?" he asks "nah" "it's riley isn't it" i just nod my head in response "i just don't get why she didn't wanna come with us, i thought she liked me you know" he nods his head, but then a smirk appeared on his face.

"i think i have an idea on how we can get her back"

i instantly turn to him "how?" "well the only reason she's still there is probably because of ralph. you know i heard them talking last night, ralph said that he liked her" my eyes go wide and i feel a pool of anger burning inside me "so, what's the idea then?" "she's only staying there because she feels bad for rejecting ralph, so if we can make her hate ralph somehow, the she's bound to come back to us" rogers idea was good, and i knew just what we were gonna do.

"alright, tomorrow morning we start the plan. we're getting our princess back"

𝟷𝟷𝟺𝟶 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜. 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚞𝚙. 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢'𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎. 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 🫶🏻