the end?

some time passed after we left castle rock. me and ralph didn't really talk much and just comforted each other as much as we could.

later on we snuck through the woods and got some water before making our way to castle rock. the whole time we were walking i was thinking about jack. he's all ive been thinking about lately, do i be with him and turn my back on ralph or do i leave him and act like nothing ever happened between us? i knew i would have to make the decision soon.

it was dark by the time that we arrived. we crept behind the rocks and looked to see sam and eric sitting behind the small fire. ralph looks at me from behind him and signals to me, i nod as to signal to speak to them.

"sam, eric" ralph whispers. they dart their heads to look at us "it's us" i say after "you shouldn't be around here guys, especially not you ralph" sam says.

"why specifically me?" ralph says concerned "it's jack, he's getting more mad now than it's only you and riley left. he thinks somethings going on between you two" eric answers, trying to stay quiet. i shake my head "the hunters are gonna come after you, and jack had roger sharpen his stick at both ends"

"if that happens, it'll be because you let it happen" ralph nods "yeah guys, if you don't stand up to him, you're just another one of his slaves"

"hey keep alert down there!" we all heard jacks voice and jumped, me and ralph snuck away again and ran back into the forest. we found a calm spot and lay down to sleep.

the next day, we woke up to faint voices coming from every direction. i sat up and saw that we were surrounded by smoke and fire. i quickly shook ralph to wake up "ralph come on, we gotta go, now" he opened his eyes and looked around and took my hand, we then  started running "they're over here!"

we ran and hid under a tree, ralph wrapped his arm around me in a protective manor. we then heard some rustling from the trees and looked up to see sam and eric. i got scared thinking that they were gonna rat us out and it would all be over. ralph put a finger over his mouth to say shh and surprisingly when jack shouted to ask if they could see anything they replied back no.

we knew that we had to move or they would find us but before we could roger spotted us "JACK THEIR OVER HERE" loud cries and shouts came from the hunters.

ralph and i started running and kept our hands held together. we ran through all of the fires and falling trees as the hunters were on our tails. we reached the beach and our legs just completely gave way and we landed face down on the sand.

i looked up to see a tall man in an army pantsuit staring at us with the most confused expression. the hunters screams approached the beach but then died down as i'm assuming they all saw the scene in front of them too.

"what are you guys doing?"

the man asked, ralph began to cry and gripped onto this man's legs. i was too much in shock to cry and just sat there looking hella confused.

but this was it. we were going home.

and it never felt better.

𝟻𝟾𝟽 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜. 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔. 𝚒 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝, 𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 🫶🏻