oh simon

i needed to talk to simon so bad about everything i was feeling, i knew he would be the only one that would understand.

i was close to reaching him when i heard lots of running from behind me. i turned around to be faced with the boys running towards simon with spears in their hands and then it happened.

the boys were crowded around simon, stabbing his poor little body. i was frozen in position, watching the scene in front of me unfold in the worst possible way.
just then they stepped back and looked down at simon, laying there lifeless on the ground.

i couldn't bare to be there anymore so i ran off into the forest. all my emotions were building up inside me and it only made me run faster, i got to the top of the hill where we had previously placed the fire. i fell to my knees and began to cry my eyes out letting out a heart wrenching scream.

simon gave me comfort when staying here on this island. he was the one listened to me about my problems, made me feel as though there was an adult here with us the whole time.

i stayed up there for what felt like most of the night. i didn't want to come down but i figured i should as i know ralph would have been affected by simons death badly. he always told me how simon was like a little brother to him and how he always protected him from the older kids.

i started walking back to our camp. i couldn't see how i looked but i assumed that my eyes must have been red from my crying. once i got to the camp i saw ralph sitting down crying with piggy beside him. ralph looked up and saw me and instantly ran into my arms. he began crying into my shoulder and i just hugged him tightly. we needed to be there for each other and that's all that mattered.

later on ralph and piggy informed me that everyone else who was at our camp before had left to join jacks camp which shocked me but i could understand why. jack had all the power on this island now and he could do anything he wanted to do. after last night most of the boys were probably scared that what happened to simon would happen to them too if they didn't obey jack.

sam and eric came over to us too, they asked about getting fire and ralph questioned them about yesterday. they kept things very close to their chest and didn't let much away about how they were feeling.

piggy broke me out of my thoughts "maybe we should just build a raft and row off"

"i will if you guys will" ralph looked between piggy and i "are you crazy, we don't know what's out there" i said.

"i bet you, out past the reef lots of boats come by every day, and one of them could rescue us" piggy exclaimed

"yeah? well suppose it didn't" ralph says, looking out at the ocean "suppose it was russian, then what? we'd be taken prisoner" he defends "the russians wouldn't take us prisoner".

we spent some time joking around and playing this little keyboard thing on the beach. for the rest of the day we just chilled and talked to each other about our lives at home. it hurt me hearing how upset the boys were reminiscing about their families and friends back at home. i couldn't help but think about my family too.

later that night, after the three of us had went to bed i heard some stirring going on outside the shelter and then piggys faint voice "ralph, riley, wake up" "what is it" ralph said, opening his eyes as i sat up.

piggy had an anxious look on his face "shh, just listen. there's someone out there" me and ralph were trying to listen "i don't hear anything" "shh, just listen" i then began to hear lots of rustling coming from outside of the shelter and then i heard faint voices.

" i hear you there, piggy. come outside, piggy. i want you, piggy" oh shit, it's jack. the others that were with him started chanting piggys name, and begun teasing him "why can't you just leave us alone?" piggy wails "jack please" i call out to get him to stop "sorry princess, but it's gotta be done" i wonder what's he's talking about but then i hear piggy say "give me my glasses back" but before he could get out to try and get them back, they ran away.

piggy was crying his eyes out. i scooted over to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly. so much rage was built up inside me. i knew i had to do something about jack and the others because this had to stop.

"we did everything just the way grown-ups would have, why didn't it work? things'd be much better guys , if it wasn't for him, i wish he was dead" piggy cries out. i looked down and zoned out as i knew what he was feeling but there was still a part of me that cared and loved for jack intensely.

"we could just give up and join his tribe, then at least we'd be with the others" "no piggy, we can't" i said to him "riley, i can't see" he starts softly crying again. that was enough for me. i stood up and started walking away from ralph and piggy but i stopped when i heard them call me back "riley"

they ran up to me "where are you going?"
i paused before saying "to make this right"

then without another word i turned and ran off into the forest. i kept on running until i reached castle rock. i knew i had to be careful because after simon, i knew what these boys were capable of.

"halt! who goes there?" i heard a voice say from the top. i step more into view.

"me, riley" the boy peers their head over and i instantly recognise him to be roger "what are you doing here, shouldn't you be at your own side with your little friends?" he sneered.

"listen roger i don't have time for this, i need to talk to jack" i shout up to him "oh yeah? well jack dosent wanna speak to you girly, he told me himself. so get the hell out of here, you're not welcome" i huff and walk away.

roger stepped back from the edge feeling proud of what he had down. now she won't be bothering jack anymore and he could focus on being chief.

"who was that?" jack stepped toward him "i thought i heard voices"

roger simply shook his head "no one, just no one" jack nodded and walked away with the others.

roger just smirked.

𝟷𝟷𝟼𝟶 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

𝚊𝚑𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜. 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚒'𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎, 𝚒𝚏 𝚒'𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚗𝚘 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚍𝚠. 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢'𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 🫶🏻