goodbye piggy

me, ralph and piggy got up from our spots and decided to go and confront jack and his group. enough is enough.

we arrived at castle rock and i looked up to see if i could see anyone, however it was oddly quiet.

"HALT" the sudden voice makes me jump "who goes there?" i look up to see roger, staring down at us like we were some kind of vermin. i glare up at him as one of the other boys whistles.

"don't be stupid, you know who we are. we brought the conch i'm calling an assembly" ralph shouts up to them "where's jack?"

jack then comes to the edge and looks down, my eyes lock with his, but i force myself to look away as i can't fall into his trap again "what do you want now?"

"you heard, we brought the conch, i'm calling an assembly"ralph comes and stands next to me "why don't you two fuck off, this is my end and my tribe, keep to your own end, not you riley. i still dont know why you didn't come and join me in my camp rather than hang out with these losers" jack glares at ralph and piggy.

"shut up jack, they're my friends and i care about them" i shout up to him. jack clearly has an angry expression on his face but he dosent say anything. meanwhile, roger is in a fix of rage at us even being here.

"jack, you won't keep to your own end, tearing up our camp and stealing piggy's glasses, you've gotta give them back" ralph is filled with rage as jack steps down to stand in front of him "got to, says who?"
"i do"

i then see both ralph and jack fighting each other on the ground before me, i try to pull them off of each other but then i hear the conch. everyone turns to look at who blew it, it was piggy.

"i've got the conch, let me speak" piggy's quiet voice says "get outta here piggy" one of the hunters, says laughing. some of the boys on the top of the hill, including roger, began throwing rocks down at piggy.

"stop that roger, let piggy speak" i exclaim and they stop throwing "please this is serious" piggy has such a sad look on his face, i feel so bad for him.

"get out fatass"
"get away"
"go back to your own camp"

the boys keep throwing insults at poor piggy, until he speaks up again "what i wanna say is, if we don't get rescued we might have to live here for a long time.
maybe the rest of our lives. if we are stuck here until we get old then we can't go on acting like kids. we've gotta be sensible and make things work"

ralph then looks up and he screams but before i get the chance to look up i hear a loud crash making me jump. roger had pushed a huge rock off the cliff side and it had hit piggy in the head. i was standing in shock. the sight before me made my eyes swell up with tears as i bent down to where piggy was lying. i started crying, letting my tears drop down on his lifeless body.

"you're not gonna get away with this" ralph says, his voice shaking as he speaks

"yeah and what are you gonna do about it, what are you gonna do about it? you're out of it pal, you're on your own" jack then start throwing rocks at ralph to get away, ralph slowly backs up. i'm filled up with so much hurt and anger that i just blow.

"STOP IT" everyone stops and looks at me. i stand back up and face them all "can't you see what you've done" i take a pause "you know when we first crashed here i actually thought that everything was gonna be ok.  that we were gonna work together, as one big team, and never even think about splitting. but oh my god, this has gone too far" tears begin to stream down my face as i point to piggy's lifeless body.

"don't you realise that you've taken two lives. two boys who could have had such bright futures ahead of them. you should all be ashamed of yourselves" i finish my speech and turn to walk away, when roger triggers all my emotions again.

"who the hell cares, they were just some fat kid and a freak"

"well you know what roger" i step closer to the cliff and look up "when you're older and all the people that you love die you'll get to experience what it's really like. and you're gonna feel so guilty about this for the rest of your life" i turn to the others "all of you will"

i had enough and stormed off, ralph trailing behind me. once we were halfway back to camp i stopped. he stopped too and i pulled him in for a tight hug.

we only had each other now.

it was us against jacks tribe.

and us against the island.

𝟾𝟼𝟹 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜. 𝚠𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢. 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚔 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚜 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝. 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢'𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 🫶🏻