A Supernatural Christmas Carol

*So I'm sort of a Christmas nut. A few friends of mine asked if I was going to write anything for Christmas and I wasn't quite sure what I would do. One night I woke up in the middle of the night and the majority of this story poured out of me. As you may or may not know the death of Bobby ran parallel with my own father's death, so the numbness Robin was feeling during this time is something I write from experience. By no means can I claim this as original. Let's call it a cross-over, and it's sort of meant to be a fun piece. To help with the timeline it's after Bobby is gone, but before Robin and Dean are officially together. Hope you enjoy*

Robin had spent another cold December day in front of her laptop trying to find any leads on Dick Roman. More than once she came across something Frank had and hit his firewall. Her phone went off and she looked at the caller id, it was Dean.

"Yeah" she answered.

"Hey" he started "uh how are ya"?

"If you're asking if I found any leads on Roman."

"What" he asked? "No, I'm checking in on you. How are you?"

"Fabulous" she spat. "It's fucking freezing outside and oh yeah, recently became an orphan."

"So an improvement" he told her sarcastically. "Listen, Sammy and I were thinking we'd head your way."

"For what" she asked?

"For Christmas" he told her. "I know you and Bobby were big on it, so we thought we'd come spend it with you."

"I guess that's probably coming up" she muttered with very little interest and having no concept of what day it was.

"Uh" Dean stammered. "Tomorrow is Christmas eve."

"Oh" Robin rolled her eyes. "I dunno Dean, not really feeling festive. No tree, no gifts. Probably just spend the day going after Roman leads."

"You can come up for air Robin" Dean argued.

"Well maybe I don't want to" she snapped. "Christmas was something dad did to keep me normal. You'll have to excuse me if I want to opt out this year."

"Okay." She could hear the disappointment in his voice.

"You keep Christmas in your way Dean," She sighed. "Let me keep it in mine."

"Got it" he sighed. "Merry Christmas, Specks."

The two hung up. Robin smelled herself, she hadn't showered in a few days, she might want to get on that. She went and took a long shower and then came back to the main living area where she poured herself a glass of whiskey. She sat down on the couch with a sigh as her phone started ringing. She looked at the caller Id, Jody. Based off her call with Dean earlier, she could only assume she probably didn't want to take this call. Truth was Jody would keep calling if she didn't.

"Hey Jodes" Robin sighed.

"Hey kid" she said in her best upbeat mom voice. "Just got off the phone with Dean. He's worried about you."

"Why" Robin asked sarcastically? "Because I spent every waking moment hunting the thing that killed my father or at the bottom of a glass of whiskey"? She finished her glass before she got to her feet and poured another.

"Listen" Jody ignored her previous statement and continued. "I don't really have anyone here either, kid. I figured I could head up first thing tomorrow -".

"Jodes, there's a few inches of snow on the ground here" Robin thought quickly for an excuse. "It's not worth the driving conditions to try and get here for me to be a lump on the couch or sitting in front of my laptop."