v. In death we trust

ACT ONE. CHAPTER V:
IN DEATH WE TRUST

  CHAPTER V:IN DEATH WE TRUST

VIENNA, AUSTRIA.
2016, MARCH 28.

Mourning was a foreign concept for Sade. She thought it was only a task that everyone would have to complete sooner or later, some more than others. But the more she felt her heart give way to grief, the more she realised that her pain would surely never go away, that it would remain embedded in her. It was as if it had become an integral part of her person, altering her permanently.

T'Challa had made her return to the hotel they were staying in, encountering no protest from his sister. She was still seeing their father's body every time she closed her eyes, the blood on her hands staining her with guilt despite the fact that she had washed them many times. Like a stain that hung over her skin, remorse had enveloped her in its heavy, suffocating blanket.

The reasons for the attack soon surfaced, perhaps a little too quickly, she thought. The CCTV footage had made headlines, pointing to the Winter Soldier as responsible for the attack. Everything linked back to him, his past in Hydra, his terrorist attacks ― almost everything. There was something wrong with the face of the famous assassin, nearly as if it wasn't him.

Sade looked at her phone again before lifting her head to look up at the sky. It looked very different to her now that she had someone she loved there. T'Chaka may have prepared them for his death, but to be honest, one could never be too prepared. No one had prepared her for her father to be killed in a terrorist attack, and for her to be there and not be able to save him. Perhaps that was why her grief would not abate.

"Princess."

The young woman turned to see Okoye's frame standing in the middle of her room, her expression serious.

"It's about T'Challa." she added without adding a word.

Sade didn't need to hear more to know that her brother was close to doing something stupid, blinded unlike her by hatred. She wasn't a hundred percent sure that Bucky Barnes wasn't behind the attack, but she wasn't going to leave him at the mercy of T'Challa either, who would keep her from getting to the bottom of the situation.

Closing the bay window behind her, she walked over to her Kimoyo bracelet before facing Okoye. "I guess Velvet Paw is back on duty."

"