mid-credits scene. Doctor V.

MID-CREDITS SCENE:
DOCTOR V.

MASSACHUSETTS, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

2016, DECEMBER 18.

It was one of those endless nights when Sade spent most of her evening in the library, eyes glued to her computer screen. It was already one o'clock in the morning when she approached the door of her dorm, absent-mindedly playing with the bracelet around her wrist. She had made a few friends here and there, making her forget for a moment everything that had happened in the lapse of time before she moved.

Lost in her thoughts, the first thing that should have caught her eye was surely the fact that the light on the electronic box allowing access to her room was off. The absence of noise when she put in her card made her frown as she tried to press the handle which gave way without a problem. The young princess looked at the half-open door for a moment before glancing around the empty hallway, looking for anything that might explain what had caused this. Meeting only the answer of the deafening silence of late nights, she stepped into the darkness of the room, fumbling with the wall for the light switch.

No.

The stupefaction that seized her caused her to drop the books she held against her, rushing to her desk, giving only one glance at the mess in her now ransacked dorm. She felt her breathing quicken as the false bottom that concealed her safe box was no longer hidden, emptied of its content.

The vibranium samples she had stored there and her blueprints were all gone.

Her hand quickly sought out the shape of her phone in her pocket, dialling her latest call. Sade hurried to close the door she had left ajar, only now realising how chaotic her room was. Whoever it was knew she had vibranium with her and had come just for that.

The only thing that reassured her somewhat was the fact that none of the stolen sheets mentioned Talokanil Herb, let alone the location of their vibranium. She would have blamed herseIf to death.

Still, I didn't tell anyone...

"Sade? Is everything alright? It's one o'clock-"

"Someone stole my blueprints and vibranium samples. T'Challa, someone broke into my dorm and made a mess of it just so they could find these." she said breathlessly, on the verge of panic.

There was a short silence before her brother's voice came through the phone again.

"Do you know who that is?"

"No, I-" she began before her attention wandered to a black rose resting on her bed.

Approaching the flower, she noticed the piece of paper that stood beneath it. Elegant writing dulled the white sheet of paper with its black ink.

"Sade? Is everything all right?"

She reread the sentence over and over in her head, trying to figure out what was going on. But the more she read, the more incomprehension and worry overcame her.

How naïve was she? Right now, she didn't know if it had been a good idea to tell the world about the extent of Wakanda's wealth.

You shouldn't have underestimated Carter, Princess. Remember, you're not the only one who can wear a mask ;)

Dr. V.V.D.

© ADONYSIAC ― IZIA