xii. Long live the King

ACT ONE. CHAPTER XII:
LONG LIVE THE KING

  CHAPTER XII:LONG LIVE THE KING

BIRNIN ZANA, WAKANDA.
2016, APRIL 16.

"Don't do something stupid and stay safe."

Sade glanced at her sister, who simply nodded and walked towards the battlefield below, amidst the heavy footsteps of the rhinos.

To be honest, the young princess had never imagined that Wakanda, among many other countries, would be affected by a micro civil war of this scale. They had already lost one king, almost another, and now had to watch themselves being torn apart because of mistakes that had been made in the past. It was strange for her to be fighting against people she had grown up with. It was quite different from being on a mission abroad and having to use her strength on people she didn't know.

Sending another Border Tribe soldier crashing into a rock, Sade's gaze fell on Nakia's wounded form on the ground. Her heart sank as she looked up at the top of the hill of the Mount Bashenga, seeing her sister on the ground, N'Jadaka coming dangerously close to her.

"Shuri!" she exclaimed in horror as she ran towards them, glancing back quickly to see T'Challa's condition.

She felt herself hesitate for a moment as she saw him on the ground, swarmed by Border Tribesmen and pinned down. But unlike their little sister, he had his suit on, and would soon be able to use kinetic energy to free himself from his weakened position.

Shuri was the priority.

"Stay away from her."

Erik Killmonger slowly turned to her as she clenched her daggers between her palms, freeing her body from the stiffness that had gripped it. Grinning, he lunged at her, only to be blown away by the blast of one of her weapon. The young princess knew that he was going to get up again, so she had very little time left to get Shuri to safety.

"I told you not to do anything stupid." she told her as she abruptly picked her up, looking her up and down quickly to make sure she wasn't hurt.

"I just wanted to help-"

At the dark look her older sister gave her, Shuri immediately closed her mouth, lowering her eyes slightly. The last of her intentions was to worry Sade, who she knew was putting a lot of responsibility on her shoulders.

"I'm sorry."

"Go, and make sure to actually not do something stupid again."

The last of the Udaku let out a cry of surprise as Sade caught Killmonger's broken spear in her hand which he had aimed at her unmasked head.

"Now!"

Shuri looked at her sister for a moment before heading inside the palace at full speed.

"How cute." said N'Jadaka with a chuckle, retrieving the spear from a Dora Milaje who was lying on the ground lifeless. "Too bad this is the last time she'll see you alive."